Thread: my Rhinella marina has some feces problem

Default my Rhinella marina has some feces problem

i got this guy for about a week and he has been a voracious eater but there is a problem with him that his defecations are either liquid or sticky(no picture yet since i dispose the feces as fast as possible,it smells terrible) and he also constantly urinates and is very afraid of people,is it normal? as my black spined toad i had before poops out solid balls that are easy to clean but this guy just poops liquid or sticky ones.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: my Rhinella marina has some feces problem

he constantly wets the substrate(the paper,it was originally dirt but he spoiled it and it smelled so bad i had to replace it with paper) for no reason

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Hi

It most likely has parasites. You'll need to bring a fecal to a vet that has experience in with at least reptiles, preferably with amphibians or who is in touched with someone who is. The fecal will cost a lot, but the treatment shouldn't.

I would put the toad into a larger tank and provide a hide, otherwise the stress will not help it get any better

Best

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jasonm96 View Post
    Hi

It most likely has parasites. You'll need to bring a fecal to a vet that has experience in with at least reptiles, preferably with amphibians or who is in touched with someone who is. The fecal will cost a lot, but the treatment shouldn't.

I would put the toad into a larger tank and provide a hide, otherwise the stress will not help it get any better

Best

Jason
    is there anyway i can do it myself?,because here in the philippines there are no herptile vets and people often do the care for their pets theirselves also in china the owners treats their pets thereselves when there is a problem

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

If there is no other option Some books will help and many of the AVS books on amphibians have sections on disease and treatment. the book popular amphibians by Philippe de Vosjoli will help. The best thing you could do if you have a lot of amphibians and have no way of taken them to a vet is to get a proper reference such as amphibian medicine and captive husbandry by kevin Wright and Brent whitaker, but this costs a lot. I have not read it myself but it comes highly recommended and I plan on getting it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonm96 View Post
    If there is no other option Some books will help and many of the AVS books on amphibians have sections on disease and treatment. the book popular amphibians by Philippe de Vosjoli will help. The best thing you could do if you have a lot of amphibians and have no way of taken them to a vet is to get a proper reference such as amphibian medicine and captive husbandry by kevin Wright and Brent whitaker, but this costs a lot. I have not read it myself but it comes highly recommended and I plan on getting it soon.
    thanks for the information

Thread Information