Thread: Please help! :( Sick toad and have no idea what to do.

Default Please help! :( Sick toad and have no idea what to do.

Okay, so I've had my American Toad Oscar for about three years now. He has always been in good health. But for the past week he has refused food. Ive tried mealworns, waxworms (which he has always gone fornright away) and crickets. He shows no interest in any of them. HeWhen feeding him I've always taken him out ofnhisbcage and out him into a plastic tub which he has had no problems with for the entire time I've had him. Lately I've noticed that there is a yellow infection like substance in his urine. But I can't find anything about it online. I don't know what's wrong with him. He's had spells of not eating in the past when it's gotten colder but never for this long. He is kept in a 20 gallon terrarium with one other toad who has been his cage mate for about a year and a half. Both are male. He is kept in coconut fiber substrate with a UVB light on him during daylight and off at night. As of right nownhe shows no change in behavior besides notneating. He's still active. Still has clear eyes and surprisingly hasnt lost that much weight at all. I just need to know what to do. There isn't really any vets for toads around me. And I don't want to lose him, he's been my baby for three years now and is very very special to me. Please help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Please help! :( Sick toad and have no idea what to do.

Ok. The urine thing, I have no experience with. I would REMOVE the OTHER TOAD IMMEDIATELY. It might be easier to just put the other toad in a different tank, since the other toad has already infected everything in the tank (If its contagious.)

When it comes to not eating- Was he wild caught? If so try wild caught foods. Like a moth or pillbugs maybe. Once my toad looked super depressed, I dumped a bunch of pillbugs in her tank and she perked right up. It's a possibility (With the not eating) that he could be compacted... Have you tried soaking him?
    I'm not an expert, But Just saw this today and saw that no one else has commented.
    How is he now? I do hope this goes for the best!

Thread Information