Thread: Im baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Im baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

What up everyone its been a while since i been on. Life caught up to me i guess but now im back into the hobby i hope for good. Lifes good right now. I rehomed alot of the animals in my signature and alot of my reptiles. Once i fegure out how to edit it i will. I dont have a cam right now so no pics. Ill get one soon. I still got my sexy waxies though and theyre doing good. As well as a 1.1 pair of clown tree frogs, my whites, my pixie i think ive showen, 1 hyla marmata with a missing eye, just got in some Salmon island leaf frogs and i think thats it

2. This member thanks poison for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Im baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

I also keep sauvagii so hopefully we can share some info. You have had them a long time and still don't know sex? Do they call? Wondering if you have two females? I have three males-for sure-and one that I hope is a female. I see that you are also in Socal-maybe a trade is in our future someday.

A question I asked here recently-do you tong feed the monkeys? I can't get mine to even consider it. They ignore the food or turn away-whereas for moving food items they laser focus and will stalk all over the tank. The problem with that is that dubias don't move a lot, they tend to freeze when being chased! Therefore my dubias are getting ahead of my ability to use them
    Phyllomedusa sauvagii 3.0.1, Strawberry hermit crabs 1.1.0, 10 purple pinchers, African Grey 1.0.0, Alexandrine 1.0.0, Half Moon Conure 0.1.0 , Ivory-billed Aricari 1.0.0

100+ Post Member Cliygh and Mia 2's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Welcome back! When I was still but a forum stalker, I remember seeing your posts, they were good

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Business View Post
    I also keep sauvagii so hopefully we can share some info. You have had them a long time and still don't know sex? Do they call? Wondering if you have two females? I have three males-for sure-and one that I hope is a female. I see that you are also in Socal-maybe a trade is in our future someday.

A question I asked here recently-do you tong feed the monkeys? I can't get mine to even consider it. They ignore the food or turn away-whereas for moving food items they laser focus and will stalk all over the tank. The problem with that is that dubias don't move a lot, they tend to freeze when being chased! Therefore my dubias are getting ahead of my ability to use them
    Hi, mine are both females. And yeah ive had them for a while now i think almost 3 years 0.0 wow feels like i just got them. They were my dream frog and i dont regret getting them. By far my fav species or maybe right after whites. Ill have to look for it later but i believe i posted up a vid somewhere around here where i tong feed them dubia. They tong feed and even eat from my fingers with no problem. They are crazy feeders. Try using superworms on tongs since they do move around more and might catch the frogs attention. Then maybe theyll learn that the tongs mean food. Also try bowl feeding with dubia this way they dont burrow and at night they will move around and hopefully catch the frogs attention.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Cliygh and Mia 2 View Post
    Welcome back! When I was still but a forum stalker, I remember seeing your posts, they were good
    Hi, thanks for the welcome back . I swear i was much more knowledgeable back then. I gotta start doing my research again i forgot so much. We'll see.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Hi, mine are both females. And yeah ive had them for a while now i think almost 3 years 0.0 wow feels like i just got them. They were my dream frog and i dont regret getting them. By far my fav species or maybe right after whites. Ill have to look for it later but i believe i posted up a vid somewhere around here where i tong feed them dubia. They tong feed and even eat from my fingers with no problem. They are crazy feeders. Try using superworms on tongs since they do move around more and might catch the frogs attention. Then maybe theyll learn that the tongs mean food. Also try bowl feeding with dubia this way they dont burrow and at night they will move around and hopefully catch the frogs attention.
    I love the fat females but I have to tell you, you are missing one really fun thing. When the males croak-usually within 5 minutes of the lights going out it is the best. They have different songs and sometimes just gruff bah-humbug croaks.

Will try the superworms, was a little afraid of them due to those strong mouthparts but if you haven't had any problems..

Thanks for the tip!
    Phyllomedusa sauvagii 3.0.1, Strawberry hermit crabs 1.1.0, 10 purple pinchers, African Grey 1.0.0, Alexandrine 1.0.0, Half Moon Conure 0.1.0 , Ivory-billed Aricari 1.0.0

Thread Information