Thread: herping in usa

Default herping in usa

anyone been out herping recently?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: herping in usa

back from herping and the pond is now private property . not sure where to look for toads now...

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

That sucks! Man, I'd love to go to the US to field herp, there's so much more wild life than over here in cold Scotland. I can't wait until the next few weeks, the toads usually start to come out then.

5. This member thanks jasonm96 for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by jasonm96 View Post
    That sucks! Man, I'd love to go to the US to field herp, there's so much more wild life than over here in cold Scotland. I can't wait until the next few weeks, the toads usually start to come out then.
    i actually wanted some female common toads(bufo bufo)but im not sure they get sold... either way, not sure of any places to go herping..

100+ Post Member Cliygh and Mia 2's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I would go to one of three places when I went herping typically, around my house, (Found Five lined skinks, a Broadhead skink, Green anoles, Green tree frogs, Cope's gray tree frogs, Fowler's toads, Eastern box turtles, Common snapping turtles, Black rat snake, and Black racer) at a few parks, (Line creek nature area, some other one I can't remember. And when I went, I'd find Fowler's toads, American toads, Red eared sliders, Yellow bellied sliders, Cricket frogs, Eastern fence lizards, some species of North American Ranid, and Common snapping turtles) or ''Exotic places" where I didn't go often. (Like California or Florida, and soon Jordan. I found Brown anoles, Green anoles, Green tree frogs, West coast species of Garter snake, (Think it was an Aquatic intergrade, found in Marin county) California slender salamanders, and Mediterranean house geckos) Hopefully I'll be able to go soon, I want to go herping at Wadi Mujib, the three known extant amphibians in Jordan all live there, (H.savignyi, P.bedriagae, and B.virdis) as do Persian horned and Arabian horned vipers, been itching to find my first venomous animal

8. This member thanks Cliygh and Mia 2 for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cliygh and Mia 2 View Post
    I would go to one of three places when I went herping typically, around my house, (Found Five lined skinks, a Broadhead skink, Green anoles, Green tree frogs, Cope's gray tree frogs, Fowler's toads, Eastern box turtles, Common snapping turtles, Black rat snake, and Black racer) at a few parks, (Line creek nature area, some other one I can't remember. And when I went, I'd find Fowler's toads, American toads, Red eared sliders, Yellow bellied sliders, Cricket frogs, Eastern fence lizards, some species of North American Ranid, and Common snapping turtles) or ''Exotic places" where I didn't go often. (Like California or Florida, and soon Jordan. I found Brown anoles, Green anoles, Green tree frogs, West coast species of Garter snake, (Think it was an Aquatic intergrade, found in Marin county) California slender salamanders, and Mediterranean house geckos) Hopefully I'll be able to go soon, I want to go herping at Wadi Mujib, the three known extant amphibians in Jordan all live there, (H.savignyi, P.bedriagae, and B.virdis) as do Persian horned and Arabian horned vipers, been itching to find my first venomous animal
    theres a park around here i might try when it getts warmer...

10. This member thanks Deku for this post:

Thread Information