Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: American green tree frog appears bloated and has light green spots

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Re: American green tree frog appears bloated and has light green spots

When using papertowels make sure they unprinted ones. here is a piece of an article which will describe why, its easier this way then having to type it myself. IM feeling lazy tonight.

Next up, bleach. Gleaming, bright white paper towels and napkins don’t get that way naturally. There are several methods of bleaching paper products, some far better than others. The one to avoid is Elemental Chlorine (chlorine gas). This is the worst of the bunch, and is responsible for the release of chlorinated compounds like dioxins and furans, which are powerful carcinogens and mutagens. These chemicals can adversely affect immune systems and reproductive systems and are dreadful for aquatic life and wildlife. Bad, bad, bad. Elemental Chlorine Free (ECF) process may be okay—this method employs a chlorine derivative such as chlorine dioxide rather than chlorine gas, and is not the best choice, but is a cleaner process than the use of elemental chlorine.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: American green tree frog appears bloated and has light green spots

*VERY belated update*
    The fecal sample I shipped out to Dr. Frye was too late 😢 By the time the medicine arrived, he was completely covered in the spots. :'( I was able to do only a single treatment before he passed away. It turns out that it was a fungal infection that he had...I feel so bad about it having not caught it sooner and not realizing it wasn't part of his coloration. I DID get the wipe out that you suggested and sanitized my entire tank as well as all the decorations. I also sanitize my cricket container with it with each new shipment of crickets. I also supplement their diet with cockroaches too for variety and because I was told by a friend that they are healthier for my amphibian friends.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information