Thread: Exo terra brand terrarium

Default Exo terra brand terrarium

Hey iam considering buying a terrarium and i was wondering if exoterras are durable or fragile? I was hoping to get a 36x18x24 one for a pacman or a couple of toads... So idk if they're good quality... Versus say national geographic. I wanted to give a lot of space to whatever i keep because i believe everything needs some space.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Banned
    Nationality
    [Afghanistan]

Default Re: Exo terra brand terrarium

Best terrariums for frogs out there. Just be careful when transporting because it is glass! They are very durable against frogs throwing themselves against the walls and what not though...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by glutes View Post
    Best terrariums for frogs out there. Just be careful when transporting because it is glass! They are very durable against frogs throwing themselves against the walls and what not though...

Lol for durability i meant the doors, the plastic parts andthe screeen. I heard the doors damage easily from a friend but i wasnt sure if what he was saying was true

Banned
    Nationality
    [Afghanistan]

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    Lol for durability i meant the doors, the plastic parts andthe screeen. I heard the doors damage easily from a friend but i wasnt sure if what he was saying was true
    Never had a problem with anything except the screen; if you put the lamps on the plastic parts on the screen it will obviously melt. And as with any screen if the lights are heavy the screen will droop a little over time. Otherwise awesome cages. They are escape proof as well, which is important when you have a snake that escaped sliding glass doors with a lock!!!

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

They're okay but not good for small frogs that require fruit flies as you'll get escaped and they're over ventilated, so bad for darts and mantellas unless modified but for toads and pacman frogs they will be fine. I find the plastic **** on the top to be very annoying when placing light figures. The one your thinking of getting is too high for terrestrial frogs and heating them will be very difficult and would be more suited to tree frogs, like Cubans or whites. For a horned frog you want the 18-24 length x 18 width x 12" height and for toads the 24-36 length x 18 width x 12-18" height would be best

Quote Originally Posted by glutes View Post
    Never had a problem with anything except the screen; if you put the lamps on the plastic parts on the screen it will obviously melt. And as with any screen if the lights are heavy the screen will droop a little over time. Otherwise awesome cages. They are escape proof as well, which is important when you have a snake that escaped sliding glass doors with a lock!!!

thanks for your input

Quote Originally Posted by jasonm96 View Post
    They're okay but not good for small frogs that require fruit flies as you'll get escaped and they're over ventilated, so bad for darts and mantellas unless modified but for toads and pacman frogs they will be fine. I find the plastic **** on the top to be very annoying when placing light figures. The one your thinking of getting is too high for terrestrial frogs and heating them will be very difficult and would be more suited to tree frogs, like Cubans or whites. For a horned frog you want the 18-24 length x 18 width x 12" height and for toads the 24-36 length x 18 width x 12-18" height would be best
    i wanted a big tank not only so it looks nice but also in the future i could have a different species. thank you for your input

Nationality
    [Canada]

That size is way way too big for pacman.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Nationality
    [United States]

I think the reputation for fragility comes from when they are shipped-I have had two come in with doors broken, so if you order online make sure it is a reputable place that will replace. Once you get a "good" one, though, they are awesome. If you need high humidity, you can partially tape over the vents under the doors. I used a black tape and you can't even see it. Mine I have to keep at 84-89% humidity for some strawberry hermit crabs and it works great. I got a hinged glass cover for the top and 1/2 of the screen is covered in plastic wrap. I could expose more of the screen, peel back some of the tape, etc. to manipulate the humidity, so you have endless options for altering and stabilizing the humidity inside. And, being able to clean, feed, etc. from the front is a Godsend.

I have unintentionally beat up my doors pretty badly-bent them backwards, put weight on top of them, etc. and they are surprisingly durable.
    Phyllomedusa sauvagii 3.0.1, Strawberry hermit crabs 1.1.0, 10 purple pinchers, African Grey 1.0.0, Alexandrine 1.0.0, Half Moon Conure 0.1.0 , Ivory-billed Aricari 1.0.0

11. This member thanks Monkey Business for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Business View Post
    I think the reputation for fragility comes from when they are shipped-I have had two come in with doors broken, so if you order online make sure it is a reputable place that will replace. Once you get a "good" one, though, they are awesome. If you need high humidity, you can partially tape over the vents under the doors. I used a black tape and you can't even see it. Mine I have to keep at 84-89% humidity for some strawberry hermit crabs and it works great. I got a hinged glass cover for the top and 1/2 of the screen is covered in plastic wrap. I could expose more of the screen, peel back some of the tape, etc. to manipulate the humidity, so you have endless options for altering and stabilizing the humidity inside. And, being able to clean, feed, etc. from the front is a Godsend.

I have unintentionally beat up my doors pretty badly-bent them backwards, put weight on top of them, etc. and they are surprisingly durable.
    wow im def getting it now

Thread Information