Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Figuring out what toad is right for me?

100+ Post Member Cliygh and Mia 2's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Figuring out what toad is right for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    I know someone mentioned that toads are frogs too but the only frogs that catch my attention asides toads would be pacmans(females to be precise), then pixie frogs, then budgets frog. I actually love round, fat and predatory animals. I either like somewhat outgoing ones or the really lazy ones. I enjoy both spectrums now that i think about it. I just had issues with pacmans cause i had one and it died in a week... And i did everything the careguide said. The longest lived pacman ive had lived for a year. It died on my fault... I was taking it outside on a normal day and i was right next to it and it wasnt even that hot for it. IT was in the shade.... I was cleaning her tank and i turn around and shes on her back dead. ;-; she was my favorite... I love the one in the youtube video "the mountain! 9 month old female ornate pacman frog" i love how round she is. But the problem for these is you need a permit and i dont know any reputable petstores... The petstore around me everythinh i got from there dies... Thats why i wanted a toad because they seem more resilient and more manegable.

I see. If you want pacmans, you could place an add here, as there are many CB ones. For toads, you could place a flashlight or leave a light on in summer, as that attracts toads to eat any insects that follow the light

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Cliygh and Mia 2 View Post
    A gravid female Fowler's toad I found while herping once was 5 inches in length
    Nice o:

4. This member thanks Deku for this post:

I see. If you want pacmans, you could place an add here, as there are many CB ones. For toads, you could place a flashlight or leave a light on in summer, as that attracts toads to eat any insects that follow the light
    thing is i dont wanna get a permit for one cause its such a hassle. D; i hate paperwork. If i do get a pacman do you think its possible to get an adult female that isnt old? (3years max)

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Yeah, for an add, just specify what you want, and eventually someone will find something that matches your description

Yeah, for an add, just specify what you want, and eventually someone will find something that matches your description
    Nice. I just want a fat female. Lol preferably greeen colored. And in nj finding toads are hard. I still have to think what i want more. I think i may go with toads because pacman frogs apparently only live 15 years well not only that but i have this feeling if i do seek out an adult female someone might just give me one thats 5 years old or something...

Nationality
    [United States]

http://www.carolina.com/toads/small-...0.pr?question= (wild caught Anaxyrus americanus)Probably your best deal if you factor in shipping.

9. This member thanks JButera for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by JButera View Post
    http://www.carolina.com/toads/small-...0.pr?question= (wild caught Anaxyrus americanus)Probably your best deal if you factor in shipping.
    Thanks.

How much do you think an adult female pacman frog go for? Like an estimate. I dont know prices so i dont wanna end up getting jipped...

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    How much do you think an adult female pacman frog go for? Like an estimate. I dont know prices so i dont wanna end up getting jipped...
    I saw a normal phase sub-adult male for 35$-40$ dollars once, but I don't really know about that, you could PM some other members and ask how much they are worth when they're 2-3 years old

13. This member thanks Cliygh and Mia 2 for this post:

I saw a normal phase sub-adult male for 35$-40$ dollars once, but I don't really know about that, you could PM some other members and ask how much they are worth when they're 2-3 years old
    cant copy paste but if you look up on youtube "the mountain female pacman" how long will it take for a female to grow that big? p.s. is it true that ornates get bigger?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

It's generally true that they grow bigger than C.cranwelli, I still don't know how much they'd be worth though, I'd PM members such as Monster or Lija, because they own pacmans as well

It's generally true that they grow bigger than C.cranwelli, I still don't know how much they'd be worth though, I'd PM members such as Monster or Lija, because they own pacmans as well
    that the one i want then....... im getting an exoterra 36x18x18 but not sure how to keep the tank @ an exact temperature .. not savy on ug heat mat

17. This member thanks Deku for this post:

Nationality
    [Canada]

Hello, to answer your question yes the ornate gets a bit bigger then the Cranwelli. From what ive seen from pictures they don't get a lot bigger though, that one in the video looks bigger then it actually is because his skin looks very tight which makes me believe hes puffing out to make him self look bigger or he could be toxed out or something. The other thing in the video I find weird is that Ornate didn't look like he had a care in the world that his hand was there touching his feet and mouth. My 6 month old ornate would not be having that at all, I would have been bit in a matter of seconds. From what I believe the biggest one is the true Brazilian horned frog ( Aurita ) but these guys are hard to come buy And the smallest from what I understand is C. Stolzmanni ( Pacific horned frog ). But again these are very rare and when I mean rare I mean like I have only seen them once for sale and that was a fauna classifieds from a hobbyist that lucked out with a breeding experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by monster View Post
    Hello, to answer your question yes the ornate gets a bit bigger then the Cranwelli. From what ive seen from pictures they don't get a lot bigger though, that one in the video looks bigger then it actually is because his skin looks very tight which makes me believe hes puffing out to make him self look bigger or he could be toxed out or something. The other thing in the video I find weird is that Ornate didn't look like he had a care in the world that his hand was there touching his feet and mouth. My 6 month old ornate would not be having that at all, I would have been bit in a matter of seconds. From what I believe the biggest one is the true Brazilian horned frog ( Aurita ) but these guys are hard to come buy And the smallest from what I understand is C. Stolzmanni ( Pacific horned frog ). But again these are very rare and when I mean rare I mean like I have only seen them once for sale and that was a fauna classifieds from a hobbyist that lucked out with a breeding experiment.
    i would like a tame one..ps where can i get an adult female ?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

From what I believe the biggest one is the true Brazilian horned frog ( Aurita ) but these guys are hard to come buy.
    Oh so that's what I saw on Kingsnake.com earlier today: http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.p...124&de=1137039 If I had enough money and a way to either bring them here or go back, I'd get some

21. This member thanks Cliygh and Mia 2 for this post:

Nationality
    [Canada]

Yeppers that's what that is, see the price for the sub adult? just imagine what a full adult would cost. And ya those are the guys that supposedly get to the size of a small plate. And there horns are nice and big when fully grown.

23. 2 members thank monster for this post:

Yeppers that's what that is, see the price for the sub adult? just imagine what a full adult would cost. And ya those are the guys that supposedly get to the size of a small plate. And there horns are nice and big when fully grown.
    What about a fully grown female pacman frog of the cranwelli or the ornata? PReferably the ornata....

Nationality
    [Canada]

I have never bought an adult but I would say a Cranwelli Or Ornate adult would probably be around a $100, but im not a hundred percent sure. I know the guy here sells babies for around 40 to 50 bucks, the ornates are usually about 10 bucks more then the cranwellies. They are the 2 most common ones available so I cant see the price being to high. Another thing that will play a factor in cost is what morph it is. I know that an Highred Ornate or dragon wing will be more then a normal. I have seen LLL reptile in the past have adult Cranwellis and Ornates, maybe try giving them a ring and they will be able to tell you the price difference between morphs also I would imagine. The Highred Ornate is a very nice looking Pacman.

I have never bought an adult but I would say a Cranwelli Or Ornate adult would probably be around a $100, but im not a hundred percent sure. I know the guy here sells babies for around 40 to 50 bucks, the ornates are usually about 10 bucks more then the cranwellies. They are the 2 most common ones available so I cant see the price being to high. Another thing that will play a factor in cost is what morph it is. I know that an Highred Ornate or dragon wing will be more then a normal. I have seen LLL reptile in the past have adult Cranwellis and Ornates, maybe try giving them a ring and they will be able to tell you the price difference between morphs also I would imagine. The Highred Ornate is a very nice looking Pacman.
    Thanks im considering buying one already but im waiting on the tank first... Im also still considering toads...

27. This member thanks Deku for this post:

Apparently, they're not even breeders... I just called them and they sounded like they're resellers... "We don't order animals, we rely on what is brought to us by customers" ill never order from someone like that... That and they dont even have any adults for sale. It sounds like a pain. I think in the end if i cant find an adult female ill end up ordering toads... Or catching them in another state. XD

29. This member thanks Deku for this post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information