Thread: What's wrong with my White Lipped Tree Frog?

Default What's wrong with my White Lipped Tree Frog?

Hello, my white lipped tree frog had appeared to be ill over the last few days. I have noticed that she is not sleeping (or appear to be sleeping) through the day. Is there anyway to tell if they are sleeping? I have also not seen her eat since I got her. I have crickets roaming around the tank, but since I have 2 other wltf's in the tank (who I have both seen eat) I feel that the glass both method will not work. She looks very skinny compared to the other two. I feel that I should take her out and put her in a tank of her own so I can monitor her eating and condition. She also likes to sit on the bottom of the tank which I know is not right. I just moved her off the ground and onto a branch. I will get back to you all on whether she goes back down or not. Does anyone have and ideas of what is wrong with her and/or suggestions of what I could do?

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Banned
    Nationality
    [Afghanistan]

Default Re: What's wrong with my White Lipped Tree Frog?

Definitely get her in a hospital tank. You can try hand feeding to see if she will accept food that way. I've also tried using a feeding bin(a small bin that you put the frog in with crickets)with success but it doesn't work too well with nervous frogs.

Frogs often look like a melting green blob when sleeping. Their legs will all be tucked tightly and neatly by their bodies and their heads tucked down. Their eyes will almost appear to have sunk into their heads and their pupils will be very tiny or non-existent. If they are in a really deep sleep then you will notice a clear filmy eyelid covering the eyes.

In order to know what the problem is, we will need to know your tank conditions and pictures of both the frog and the enclosure are needed. She could have an illness that will need to be treated, or it could be something as simple as the two other frogs bullying her. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply. I have the tank at about 80 degrees during the day and 65 at night. I keep the humidity at 60-70%. Here are the pictures you requested: http://prntscr.com/9zrm5g & http://prntscr.com/9zrn8g .

Banned
    Nationality
    [Afghanistan]

What size is the tank? The tank looks and sounds good.

She does look skinny, mostly her legs. Have you tried feeding her yet? Is she in a separate enclosure now? I also noticed that her skin looked a bit mottled, this could be a sign of a mild bacterial infection. These are easy to treat, I treated one of my whites with a drop of baytril every morning and evening for 2 weeks and he was back to good health.

She actually just passed away while I was out. However, I appreciate your concern and advice.

Banned
    Nationality
    [Afghanistan]

Quote Originally Posted by Mveltre123 View Post
    She actually just passed away while I was out. However, I appreciate your concern and advice.
    That's terrible! Make sure to watch your other two closely. Where did you get these frogs?

The other two are doing well from what I can tell. I got them from a reptile expo.

I have noticed that one of my frogs has a lot of sag under his neck/chin and it looks somewhat like a sack. Is this normal? Here is an image for reference: http://prntscr.com/a19ziu

Banned
    Nationality
    [Afghanistan]

Looks like you may have a male frog!! Just wait until he starts croaking, now that's a sac!

Thread Information