Thread: Urgent help

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Urgent help

My toad has not wanted to eat in a long time. I took her to te doctors yesterday and she seems worse. She kept saying she needs to be put in a warm environment and it to be hibernated. Toto tonight was walking weird and she looks horrible. She kind of waddled and she looks to be in pain. Apparently the doctor won't help this one. Does anybody have suggestions? She is in a 10 gallon with one hide and substrate to burrow. She has not eaten but ate calcium dusted crickets wax worms and earthworms. She got vitamins as well. She was at room temperature to mid 60's. Humidity was 30-50. She is wild but I have had her for over a year. She did not do this last year. Is there something that I am missing and I can still do for her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Urgent help

In June she ha a life altering prolapse and has not been the same since. I think something happened to her that night. But idk, I am open to anything. She was the most friendly toad and she would take food from people. Since the June doctor visit she has been afraid of people and she started loosing her appetite. I just feel terrible.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I'm sorry.
    But the good news is, if she survives and recovers she might gain trust in people again. My WTF was the same way after his first vet visit. It took months to get him to trust, but he finally did.

5. This member thanks elly for this post:

100+ Post Member Cliygh and Mia 2's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I don't know, but from now on, start feeding her Night-crawlers, they're easier for her to digest. If that vet can't take her, look for another vet in your area, or at least in the state that actually can make sure everything's alright

7. This member thanks Cliygh and Mia 2 for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I'm not one of those guys that complains and I own up to my mistakes; I honestly think she doesn't know about Amphibs. She works on reptiles but the solutions to problems are different with Amphibs. She never told me something u didn't know and I'd say I'm an intermediate caretaker right now for my animals. That means I have things to learn. She is the best we got in my town. I am going to ask the vet that looks at our birds and dog. She try and if she doesn't know she at least leads you to someone who does or etc. The next day Toto died. That means that the advice was not accurate. I'm not going to blame her, I never saw a prolapse until then and I was just feeding them. But about a month into it I got it together, it was already too late for Toto. I kept her alive as long as I could. It was either an internal injury which I believe it was because she neurotically was unable to control herself. Or it was a parasite, this is likely something that developed as the internal injury happened. It has been so upsetting because I really cared about her, she was the first animal of all of the ones I have. She was the beginning of something epic that I am building and I will not forget her. The next enclosure will be done so elaborate and will provide additional care to the Frogs and Toads. In memory of Toto.

My Betta died in the same week because he got himself stuck and couldn't be found. January has been tough. The Whites are doing fantastic and King II is great. Spot I believe is developing short tongue syndrome and I need some help to keep him alive. He is eating and not at all acting weird, but he can't catch it with his tongue. I have pedialite and Reptivite A and he just ate adequately dusted wax worms and medium crickets tonight. Please, if anybody has an idea or a way to reverse this post it.

Thread Information