Thread: new to frogs

Nationality
    [United States]

Default new to frogs

My name is Tom and I live in Illinois, I have setup an 18x18x24 with live plants and I want to keep frogs. I can't decide yet between darts or mantella's. I have been reading alot but there is so much info it is hard to choose. Any keepers here that can list some pro's and con's would help. My first question is, I have a digital hygrometer/thermometer with 2 seperate leads and I am not sure where in the tank I should place each one? I have had veiled and jackson's chameleons and raised clutches from both so I do have some reptile experience. Thanks Tom

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Blog Entries

Default Re: new to frogs

Quote Originally Posted by tom3201 View Post
    My name is Tom and I live in Illinois, I have setup an 18x18x24 with live plants and I want to keep frogs. I can't decide yet between darts or mantella's. I have been reading alot but there is so much info it is hard to choose. Any keepers here that can list some pro's and con's would help. My first question is, I have a digital hygrometer/thermometer with 2 seperate leads and I am not sure where in the tank I should place each one? I have had veiled and jackson's chameleons and raised clutches from both so I do have some reptile experience. Thanks Tom
    It's probaly a tempature probe, and then an above ground thermo-hygrometer, right?

Probes (small, shiny metal rod) are ment to be placed in or under the substrate, to read the tempature of the substrate. The thermo-hygrometer should be placed above ground somewhere in the tank to read the air tempature.
    RicoThePacman

Thread Information