Hey there all, it's been quite a while (3ish years) since I've posted anything here, but now's the time I suppose.

I'll get right to it:

I'm building a natural viv for my new Whites' (unfortunately the frogs I had when I was last active here have passed away, but I'm trying again with some healthy babies) and I've run into a snafu. Without thinking I grabbed a bag of sphagnum moss the last time I was at Home Depot to use in the background mix. I wasn't planning (and definitely am not now) on using it in the ground substrate and have only used it to cover the background (after the usual foaming and siliconing steps). It was only after I'd finished that I thought "Hey, maybe I should check this stuff out, since it's name-brand."

Turns out it's Miracle-Gro (I know, I barely looked at the bag when I bought it) and after googling and reading some other forums I've decided I may have muffed this one up. The frogs have not been introduced yet, but they're quickly outgrowing they're baby tank (a 10 gal tall Exo Terra) and I need to move them ASAP.

I am wondering if I should be worried about the chemicals used in the fertilizer that's in the moss. I used 1 part moss to 2 parts Eco-Earth and as I stated above ONLY to cover the background with. The ingredients are as follows:

Total Nitrogen (N) = 0.19%
- 0.10% ammoniacal nitrogen
-0.09% nitrate nitrogen
Available Phosphate (P2O5) = 0.11%
Soluble Potash (K2O) = 0.15%

Also listed are these chemicals: (polymer coated) ammonium nitrate, ammonium phosphate, and potassium sulfate; and ammonium nitrate, ammonium phosphate, calcium phosphate, and potassium sulfate.

Knowing literally nothing about chemicals or gardening I have no idea what this means, but what I've gathered from my internet searches is that ammonium nitrates are bad (and ammonia in general). It also says there is 0.14% of a "wetting agent" and 1.18% fertilizer.

I would appreciate any insight anyone has on the use of this moss, and if/how I should scrap the build () and start over.

Thanks in advance!