Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much to feed pacmans?

Default Re: How much to feed pacmans?

Quote Originally Posted by jasonm96 View Post
    That's good, yeah that's fine. It may take just a while for him to start eating more. Don't feed waxworms too often they're like the fattiest things ever, good for bulking animals up though if they need it. In that book I recommended that actually tell you a feeding schedule by the size of the frog, what to feed and how much to supplement ��
    Oh really? I'm about half way through that book right now. It has a lot of good info. I haven't gotten to the recommending feedings yet. Thank you for telling me about the book!

I just got done feeding him. Jabba ate four crickets (they were kind of smallish). He almost bit me. I was moving his wood hide to get to a cricket that had run in there and he jumped at my finger. Oops, lol.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

It's definitely a must have, by the man who first bred them himself. I'd skip to the feeding part just now, as it's one of the most important thing with young froglets.

Frog bit me the other day, drew blood haha! I put my finger in there and wiggled it a bit to see if he was hungry, he then went for my finger so I fed him some crickets. If they do catch you, don't yank your finger out, spray some de-chlorinated water on the frog and it will let go, otherwise you risk mucking up it's jaw.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Glad to hear he is starting to settle more and eat something for you. And if hes trying to bite you that's a good indicator hes feeling better and more secure with his surroundings.

5. This member thanks monster for this post:

Update: He is eating and growing. I'm glad about that but as far as I can tell he hasn't pooped yet. Should I be worried about that? I just gave him another honey bath so maybe that will help. Does he look ok?

New pictures:

Nationality
    [Canada]

How long exactly since he pooped last? In the first picture he looks fine but then in the second his right side looks bumped out abit more then other. It could just be the picture but if not that is were his intestine would be and that's a good sign of impaction. Nothing to get over worried about at the moment though. Keep trying the honey baths and eventually he should go. While hes in the bath next time if he doesn't go tonight, if he lets you gently massage were the bump is for couple minutes and this sometimes helps soften or break up whatevers in there. Besides that he looks good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by monster View Post
    How long exactly since he pooped last? In the first picture he looks fine but then in the second his right side looks bumped out abit more then other. It could just be the picture but if not that is were his intestine would be and that's a good sign of impaction. Nothing to get over worried about at the moment though. Keep trying the honey baths and eventually he should go. While hes in the bath next time if he doesn't go tonight, if he lets you gently massage were the bump is for couple minutes and this sometimes helps soften or break up whatevers in there. Besides that he looks good to me.
    I've had him two weeks so at least that long. How often do they normally go to the bathroom? Hopefully I'll find a present in his viv soon. I'll try the massaging if he'll let me.

He has visibly grown in the last two weeks so I take that to be a good sign. I just haven't seen any waste pass yet.

Nationality
    [Canada]

At that size after 2 weeks ya he should go. My ornate that's abit bigger then yours goes at least once week, but as they get older and bigger they slow down. My adult goes 2 to 3 times a month, and they are huge. You may want to take him out tomorrow and take your hand and check the first half inch to inch to see if maybe he trampled over it or something and its now mixed with with cocofibre. My guy has done this a couple times on me. And if nothing keep trying those baths and hopefully he goes for you.

10. This member thanks monster for this post:

Another feeding question. So far I have been feeding Jabba mainly crickets with an occasional wax worm (he won't eat dubias or earth worms). I just offered him his first pinky and he ate it after being left alone with it (he is a shy eater). He's a little over two inches now so I've been feeding every other day. Should I wait an extra long time after the pinky or just stick with the every other day feedings? Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information