Thread: New Setup.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default New Setup.

So finally after a year my divided tank starting to leak in the bottom corners were the silicone met with the original silicone and was going into the land side. Instead of fixing it and putting the toads in a new tank till it cured I just ripped it out and tried something new and this what I came up with. Once I figure if I like it this way or not im going to pick up the hydroballs and other stuff to make a proper a viv but figured for now this will do. I built the rocks up on the land side and then covered it with screen and added the coco fibre and then put some nice moss ontop and I tell you its nice to not have a ton coco fibre into water, its actually nice and clean. the toads seem to like it better this way, and so do I because with the divider I felt I was limited to what I could do to change things up.

2. This member thanks monster for this post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: New Setup.

Sounds like approximately how long all my dividers lasted before leaking. What a pain when they do! I will never do that again! Hope your toads love it
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

5. This member thanks LilyPad for this post:

Nationality
    [Canada]

Ya no more dividers me either. It was nice at first but I got bored of it pretty fast because when its divided like I said your so limited if you want to change things. I like how I was able to have the little pond right in front of the land area then go under the bridge to enter into the bigger water area.

Quote Originally Posted by monster View Post

So finally after a year my divided tank starting to leak in the bottom corners were the silicone met with the original silicone and was going into the land side. Instead of fixing it and putting the toads in a new tank till it cured I just ripped it out and tried something new and this what I came up with. Once I figure if I like it this way or not im going to pick up the hydroballs and other stuff to make a proper a viv but figured for now this will do. I built the rocks up on the land side and then covered it with screen and added the coco fibre and then put some nice moss ontop and I tell you its nice to not have a ton coco fibre into water, its actually nice and clean. the toads seem to like it better this way, and so do I because with the divider I felt I was limited to what I could do to change things up.
    Looks great. Would love to see a full frontal shot of the whole tank. What size is this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Nationality
    [Canada]

Thanks, its a 29 gallon long. I will try and get a full a shot later. My phone is due for a upgrade and the camera isn't the best. Once I go back far enough for a full shot it becomes very blurry, I will try on my daughters tablet in abit.

Nationality
    [Canada]

This is the best I could get on my phone, I will try to get a better one later or tomorrow.

This is the best I could get on my phone, I will try to get a better one later or tomorrow.
    I like it. Might be a bear to keep clean but looks pretty natural even with fake plants. I use the hydroballs for my drainage layer and like the way it looks from the outside compared to gravel. How many frogs you got in there?

Nationality
    [Canada]

I only have 4 in there and they seem to really like it that way. Sometimes they will chill together and other times they will chill by themselves in a different area of the tank, the only one that seems to want to be alone most the time is the smallest guy Curly. But he will still hang with others, he hangs in that log cave in the corner a lot. I don't put anything in the bottom of the water because yes its a lot easier to clean and find poop. Im going to turn into a proper viv soon just have to get some more materials for the build. the toads really like and use those lilypads a lot that are in the water. Glad you like it.

I only have 4 in there and they seem to really like it that way. Sometimes they will chill together and other times they will chill by themselves in a different area of the tank, the only one that seems to want to be alone most the time is the smallest guy Curly. But he will still hang with others, he hangs in that log cave in the corner a lot. I don't put anything in the bottom of the water because yes its a lot easier to clean and find poop. Im going to turn into a proper viv soon just have to get some more materials for the build. the toads really like and use those lilypads a lot that are in the water. Glad you like it.
    I agree on the lily pads. I threw a bunch of water lettuce in mine and they love chilling on it and floating around. I just cant get the lettuce to flourish so im thinking of putting some xmas moss in also which should do well and attach to the driftwood.

What kind of filtration are you going to use if any once you get it changed?

Nationality
    [Canada]

I will more then likely just keep using the same kind of filter which is one of those tall canister Reptifilters. That's what is placed behind that big flat rock to create the water fall. I will probably buy a new one just because this one is a year old and build the water fall right around the canister instead of just in the front or I may keep it simple and similar to how it is for very easy access if problems arise. I got a couple of river rocks behind the big rock also to help slow down the current it makes and so they don't get there little feet caught in there. They will actually sit behind the waterfall on those rocks and let the little drops of water comeing out the back fall them. There is one that does it more often then the others, must feel good to him.

I will more then likely just keep using the same kind of filter which is one of those tall canister Reptifilters. That's what is placed behind that big flat rock to create the water fall. I will probably buy a new one just because this one is a year old and build the water fall right around the canister instead of just in the front or I may keep it simple and similar to how it is for very easy access if problems arise. I got a couple of river rocks behind the big rock also to help slow down the current it makes and so they don't get there little feet caught in there. They will actually sit behind the waterfall on those rocks and let the little drops of water comeing out the back fall them. There is one that does it more often then the others, must feel good to him.
    Mine do the same. They love sitting in the waterfall stream and letting it roll over them. I think they like pooping in the flow as well lol cause I always find it on the waterfall rocks.

Thread Information