Thread: Young pacmans not eating

Default Young pacmans not eating

I have a few pacs that refuse to eat anything for me crickets Dubai worms or mice pinkys.....they are keep in my snake room(80) with no additional heat. I have a total of 9 of them and only 5 are eating two off of tongs and the rest in a separate container....they are active and burrow everywhere. A few of them are starting to look skinny... they are house in 5 gal size enclosure on eco earth humidity 70to80

Sent from my A521L using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Young pacmans not eating

Hi, would you please answer to all these questions so we can help you better

“Trouble in the Frog Enclosure”
    The following information will be very helpful if provided when requesting assistance with either your frog or enclosure. To help with your questions, please utilize the below list and post the information in the proper forum area to get advice from FF members that keep the same frog. This will allow for little confusion and a faster more informed response.

1. Size of enclosure
    2. # of inhabitants - specifically other frogs and size differences
    3. Humidity
    4. Temperature
    5. Water - type - for both misting and soaking dish
    6. Materials used for substrate
    7. Enclosure set up i.e. plants (live or artificial), wood, bark and other materials.
    - How were things prepared prior to being put into the viv.
    8. Main food source
    9. Vitamins and calcium? (how often)
    10. Lighting
    11. What is being used to maintain the temperature of the enclosure
    12. When is the last time he/she ate
    13. Have you found poop lately
    14. A pic would be helpful including frog and enclosure (any including cell phone pic is fine)
    15. Describe frog's symptoms and/or recent physical changes; to include it's ventral/belly area.
    16. How old is the frog
    17. How long have you owned him/her
    18. Is the frog wild caught or captive bred
    19. Frog food- how often and if it is diverse, what other feeders are used as treats
    20. How often the frog is handled
    21. Is the enclosure kept in a high or low traffic area
    22. Describe enclosure maintenance (water changes, cleaning, etc)
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

1. Size of enclosure 5 gal
    2. # of inhabitants -1 specifically other frogs and size differences<br />
    3. Humidity 70-80
    4. Temperature 80 room temp
    5. Water - type - de chlorinated
    6. Materials used for substrate eco earth
    7. Enclosure set up i.e. plants (live or artificial), wood, bark and other materials.<br /> water bowl
    <i>- How were things prepared prior to being put into the viv mixed eco earth with de chlorinated
    8. Main food source roaches and night crawlers before I got them crickets and pinkies
    9. Vitamins and calcium? (how often) calcium every other feeding
    10. Lighting<br /> ambient
    11. What is being used to maintain the temperature of the enclosure room heat
    12. When is the last time he/she ate havent seen anything visual... havet seen if the roaches and crickets are burrowed in substrate
    13. Have you found poop lately yes
    14. A pic would be helpful including frog and enclosure (any including cell phone pic is fine)<br />
    15. Describe frog's symptoms and/or recent physical changes; to include it's ventral/belly area.<br /> looking thin
    16. How old is the frog<br /> young
    17. How long have you owned him/her<br /> 2 weeks
    18. Is the frog wild caught or captive bred cb
    19. Frog food- how often and if it is diverse, what other feeders are used as treats<br /> tried worms crickets pinkys roaches
    20. How often the frog is handled<br /> only when needed
    21. Is the enclosure kept in a high or low traffic area<br />low traffic
    22. Describe enclosure maintenance (water changes, cleaning, etc)</i></b>change water daily and mist in the evening spot clean as necessary

Nationality
    [Canada]

All seems to be ok, would you please post a pic of the enclosure and clear pic of the frog. Would you please describe how are you feeding them. I'm asking about the ones that are not eating.
    To clarify: you have 9 frogs. 5 are eating, 4 are not? Everybody are in separate enclosure, right? Are you asking about only one that is getting thin and questionare you responded is about that guy?
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Correct total of 9 pacmans 5 are eating 4 are not....all are setup the same in the cheap plastic shelving units from walmart..... I have tried to feed the by dropping a roach cricket worm and pinky in front of them while there burrowed down... have also tried tongs the same way.... I have also moved them to a feeding container with all the above food items...I have tried in the day a hour after dark and in the morning before the light come on right now the lights are set on a 12 and 12

The ones that are eating only eat in the separate container and after they are eating I get them to take off tongs

Nationality
    [Canada]

Got it!
    plastic tubs should be not really see through, right? Is there any decor for a guy to hide under? Even 5 gal for a tiny guy like that might be scary.
    So if you don't have it, put a plant of sorts. It would minimize the space and provide smth to hide under.
    next- leave them be, don't do anything at all with a tank or with a frog for a day, and then get him small crickets (2-3-4 per frog). Oh another q regarding tubs - do you need to slide them out to get an access to mist/feed/etc? If you do - you need smth different. These kids might not be happy with constant earthquake. You need smth stable, you lift the lid, get crickets in, close the lid, don't move the tub.

The idea is to make them feel safe and hunt on their own. Also, frogs pooping is a good sign, means that they ate something.

Moved the non eaters to a 6qt tub and all but one is eating...patience should get the last one eating....and I thought ball python hatchlings were stubborn...

Thread Information