Thread: Bombima orientalis feeding

Default Bombima orientalis feeding

Hello, I do not have a frog yet becuase although I have done lots of research and plan on buying one I still have one problem that I need to solve urgently becuase if not I won't be able to buy it.
    My problem is that some times I travel and I'm out a week, and there is always some one that could look after it, but I'm afraid no one is willing to feed the frog becuase they would be disgusted. So I was wondering if during that week I could feed it pelets only or something and then go back to a normal diet.

So please of anyone could answer my question or come up with some other idea, so the frog won't starve I would be delighted, thanks.

(By the way I can't send it to any pet hotels)

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Bombima orientalis feeding

Quote Originally Posted by marialongacdvs View Post
    Hello, I do not have a frog yet becuase although I have done lots of research and plan on buying one I still have one problem that I need to solve urgently becuase if not I won't be able to buy it.
    My problem is that some times I travel and I'm out a week, and there is always some one that could look after it, but I'm afraid no one is willing to feed the frog becuase they would be disgusted. So I was wondering if during that week I could feed it pelets only or something and then go back to a normal diet.

So please of anyone could answer my question or come up with some other idea, so the frog won't starve I would be delighted, thanks.

(By the way I can't send it to any pet hotels)

I typically feed mine every other day but I've read they can go a week without. Don't recommend it as they are voracious eaters and like a varied diet. They need movement to find their prey so pellets will not work nor would they be sufficient as a nutritious food source. I'm no expert but this is what I've read and experienced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ericbrookey View Post
    I typically feed mine every other day but I've read they can go a week without. Don't recommend it as they are voracious eaters and like a varied diet. They need movement to find their prey so pellets will not work nor would they be sufficient as a nutritious food source. I'm no expert but this is what I've read and experienced.

Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by marialongacdvs View Post
    Thank you so much!

If you have someone that will come by and check on them, just make it easy for them to dump a few crickets in once during mid week. Keep a small container, plastic tub with a piece of carrot in with the crickets before you leave and ask them to just place it in the tank open for a few minutes until the cricks jump out. They don't have to handle anything too disgusting.

Advice: get two frogs. They will be much happier.

Quote Originally Posted by ericbrookey View Post
    If you have someone that will come by and check on them, just make it easy for them to dump a few crickets in once during mid week. Keep a small container, plastic tub with a piece of carrot in with the crickets before you leave and ask them to just place it in the tank open for a few minutes until the cricks jump out. They don't have to handle anything too disgusting.

Advice: get two frogs. They will be much happier.

Thank you SO MUCH, you have no idea how much that helped, thanks

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Our 12 have made it a week during financial hard times. Our tank is fully planted though, so when we dump the pile o crickets in, it actually takes quite a few days for them to eat/hunt down all the crickets. Perhaps an auto feeder if you have to leave?

Thread Information