Thread: New Red-Eyed Tree Frog's condition. Question.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: New Red-Eyed Tree Frog's condition. Question.

Well the guy got back to me but didn't say much other than "it can't be chytrid because chytrid can't survive past 75F". Which I did also read so I may agree with that considering I've been keeping the temp closer to 80F for it.

But anyways, I get the feeling the frog will be okay. There is no more yucky, chunky shedding. And the throat heals more every day, proving to me that it was just an injury. Especially considering that is the only spot there was a mark.

I've been giving "her" uniodized salt baths, a very slight amount of salt, once a day. My friend has a degree in biology and recommended doing this. She said that pedialyte won't help with bacterial/fungal infections and that it's more for internal disturbances rather than external. She said that bacterial/fungal infections can't survive in salt, even if uniodized. She said that it has to be only a little amount of salt because if too much is used, it can hurt the frog. She says to use only a pinch, which I've been doing.

Last night I saw her crawling around, wide-eyed, looking healthy and alert. I really think she may end up being okay.

She's still not eating but she is at least not looking starved since I had hand-fed her a few times when I first got her, so that should hold her over for now. I think it'd help too if she became hungry because it'll push her into eating.

Oh! And she pooped again, and looks MUCH better now. It's more solid and not green now, looks more like Frenchy and Newbie's now. They continue to do very well by the way! Frenchy continues to chuckle at Newbie almost every night.

2. This member thanks MantidBro for this post:

Thread Information