What do u guys think?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Pacman housing

5. 2 members thank joshua123 for this post:

Nationality
    [Canada]

That looks a lot better then the bare tank. Just make sure what ever plants you put in don't have any rough edges that will scratch him or something if he decides to trample over them and that they frog safe from toxins or something from paints or dyes. I imagine they should be ok. The only other things I can think of is again if cover three sides for him it will make him feel more secure, you could even just use black construction paper or something if you wanted. I use the fish tank backgrounds that you buy by the foot off the rolls they have, just don't use white. And the pot in the corner I would bury it so there is dirt inside it so when he goes in it he can bury down in it, he probably wont use it or stay in very long if he cant do this. I put a cricket keeper in the tank I put mine in when I clean him out to give you an example of what I meant. The second pic is the one of my big albinos enclosure I told you I would put up, he is buried under that lump of dirt in the right back corner. Sorry about the quality I just misted before the pic.

7. 2 members thank monster for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by monster View Post
    That looks a lot better then the bare tank. Just make sure what ever plants you put in don't have any rough edges that will scratch him or something if he decides to trample over them and that they frog safe from toxins or something from paints or dyes. I imagine they should be ok. The only other things I can think of is again if cover three sides for him it will make him feel more secure, you could even just use black construction paper or something if you wanted. I use the fish tank backgrounds that you buy by the foot off the rolls they have, just don't use white. And the pot in the corner I would bury it so there is dirt inside it so when he goes in it he can bury down in it, he probably wont use it or stay in very long if he cant do this. I put a cricket keeper in the tank I put mine in when I clean him out to give you an example of what I meant. The second pic is the one of my big albinos enclosure I told you I would put up, he is buried under that lump of dirt in the right back corner. Sorry about the quality I just misted before the pic.
    What's a cricket keeper tank?

Nationality
    [Canada]

Hey, a cricket keeper is a plastic box with lid that you can house your crickets in. And in the lid there is 2 big holes that you slide these tubes in that have lids and the crickets will collect in the tubes because they dark and then you just pull the tube out of the container and it will be filled with crickets. Give the tube a good shake into a bag or dish and theres your crickets. This way you don't have to grab them one by one and they come in a few different sizes. To be honest I use mine as bath for my frogs when they babies cause I just got the small one. I use a big clear bin made by a company called Sterile that I cut a big hole in and taped some window screen over for ventilation. the cricket keepers aren't expensive but they aren't cheap, I payed 5 bucks on sale for my Sterile tub at home depot that is about 3 times the size of the biggest cricket keeper. If you want I can assemble the cricket keeper and take a pic of it later if you would like.

10. This member thanks monster for this post:

Hey, a cricket keeper is a plastic box with lid that you can house your crickets in. And in the lid there is 2 big holes that you slide these tubes in that have lids and the crickets will collect in the tubes because they dark and then you just pull the tube out of the container and it will be filled with crickets. Give the tube a good shake into a bag or dish and theres your crickets. This way you don't have to grab them one by one and they come in a few different sizes. To be honest I use mine as bath for my frogs when they babies cause I just got the small one. I use a big clear bin made by a company called Sterile that I cut a big hole in and taped some window screen over for ventilation. the cricket keepers aren't expensive but they aren't cheap, I payed 5 bucks on sale for my Sterile tub at home depot that is about 3 times the size of the biggest cricket keeper. If you want I can assemble the cricket keeper and take a pic of it later if you would like.
    Sure thank! But won't the tank stink? Crickets are smelly lol

Nationality
    [Canada]

Ya they stink and there isn't much to do to get around it either smelly buggers. I forgot to mention that I put the sterile tub inside a big rubber made bin so you only really smell them when you open up the Rubbermaid. And the Rubbermaid lid isn't the best, theres lots of places for air to get in so they have abit ventilation. so all in all I have abig sterile bin in a bigger rubber maid bin. I will post the pic of the cricket keeper abit later or in the morning.

13. This member thanks monster for this post:

Ya they stink and there isn't much to do to get around it either smelly buggers. I forgot to mention that I put the sterile tub inside a big rubber made bin so you only really smell them when you open up the Rubbermaid. And the Rubbermaid lid isn't the best, theres lots of places for air to get in so they have abit ventilation. so all in all I have abig sterile bin in a bigger rubber maid bin. I will post the pic of the cricket keeper abit later or in the morning.
    OK thanks man.

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

The tank does look better. I agree with Cory about covering 3 sides of the enclosure.

16. This member thanks Sunshine for this post:

Alright. Guess I'll go get some aquarium sticker

Thread Information