2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Forest floor bed

Or this

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

The Eco Earth is better since it allows the frog to burrow and doesn't pose an impaction risk I recommend getting the bricks though and wetting them with treated water. I found it easier than trying to wet the loose dry stuff.

5. This member thanks Sunshine for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    The Eco Earth is better since it allows the frog to burrow and doesn't pose an impaction risk I recommend getting the bricks though and wetting them with treated water. I found it easier than trying to wet the loose dry stuff.
    What do you mean by treated water? Boil the water and wait for it to cool down then spray it?

Nationality
    [Canada]

Water that has been treated with a water conditioner (API Stress Coat, Prime, Aquasafe) to remove chlorine and detoxify heavy metals.

8. This member thanks Sunshine for this post:

Water that has been treated with a water conditioner (API Stress Coat, Prime, Aquasafe) to remove chlorine and detoxify heavy metals.
    Is it ok if I boil and let it cool down and use it? And btw what you suggest I feed my frog?

Hey mate, can you tell me more about this pacman? I will be getting this from the dealer next week, the exact same one. Thanks mate!

Nationality
    [Canada]

I don't think boiling the water is really going to help. You need a good quality water conditioner You will need about 3" of substrate for the frog to burrow. Here is the Pacman care sheet: http://www.frogforum.net/content.php...-Care-Breeding
    Nightcrawlers are a good staple food but feeding a variety of foods is important. Crickets, roaches, silkworms, etc. Food should be dusted with a high quality Calcium/Multivitamin powder.
    That looks like an albino and I think they are more sensitive to light so you wont be able to use any kind of daylight bulb. You will need an infrared bulb on a dimmer. I also think you should set up his enclosure before you get the frog to make sure you get the humidity and temps right.

12. This member thanks Sunshine for this post:

I don't think boiling the water is really going to help. You need a good quality water conditioner You will need about 3" of substrate for the frog to burrow. Here is the Pacman care sheet: http://www.frogforum.net/content.php...-Care-Breeding
    Nightcrawlers are a good staple food but feeding a variety of foods is important. Crickets, roaches, silkworms, etc. Food should be dusted with a high quality Calcium/Multivitamin powder.
    That looks like an albino and I think they are more sensitive to light so you wont be able to use any kind of daylight bulb. You will need an infrared bulb on a dimmer. I also think you should set up his enclosure before you get the frog to make sure you get the humidity and temps right.
    I live in singapore so usually the tempreture is about 30-35 degrees and the humidity is about 70-80%. Still looking for the multi vitamin powder. How many times should I feed my frog?

Moved to more appropriate thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1.0.0 Oophaga Pumilio 'Black Jeans'
    0.0.10 Phyllobates Vittatus
    0.0.3 Phyllobates Terribilis 'Mint'
    0.0.3 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Patricia'
    0.0.5 Dendrobates Leucomelas
    0.0.2 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Powder Blue'
    0.0.2 Ranitomeya Variabilis 'southern'
    0.0.3 Epipedobates Anthonyi 'zarayunga'
    1.2.0 Phyllobates bicolor
    0.0.3 Dendrobates tinctorius 'azureus'
    0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia
    0.0.1 Gramastola porteri
    0.2.0 Canines
    1.0.0 Tabby/Maine Coon Mix
    2.1.0 Genetics Experiments
    0.1.0 Bed Bully

15. This member thanks deranged chipmunk for this post:

Is it ok if I feed tiny frogs?

Nationality
    [Canada]

Humidity is good but the temperatures are a little high. Keep temps between (27-30 °C) during the day and (24-27 °C) at night. If the frog is a baby it should be fed daily. Make sure you dust his food!!! And please don't feed him other frogs.

18. This member thanks Sunshine for this post:

Humidity is good but the temperatures are a little high. Keep temps between (27-30 °C) during the day and (24-27 °C) at night. If the frog is a baby it should be fed daily. Make sure you dust his food!!! And please don't feed him other frogs.
    Alright! So crickets or guppies?

Hey mate, what u think of this as water conditioner?

Nationality
    [Canada]

That water conditioner should be fine. You can feed crickets and guppies but his main staple food should be earthworms/nightcrawlers (you will have to cut them to about the size of the distance between the frog's eyes) dusted with a high quality calcium/multivitamin powder. I like Repashy's Calcium Plus. Looks like you can order it here: http://www.aquaticsolutions.com.sg/

22. This member thanks Sunshine for this post:

That water conditioner should be fine. You can feed crickets and guppies but his main staple food should be earthworms/nightcrawlers (you will have to cut them to about the size of the distance between the frog's eyes) dusted with a high quality calcium/multivitamin powder. I like Repashy's Calcium Plus. Looks like you can order it here: http://www.aquaticsolutions.com.sg/
    Ok thanks! The earthworms here In singapore are so skinny. Can I contact you thru somewhere else if I have more questions? [emoji13]

I just bought some Eco earth loose coconut fiber and it says to do spot cleaning unless odor persist. Only do 100% change of bedding every 6 months. Is it true?

Nationality
    [Canada]

Substrate will need to be changed once a month and spot cleaned daily. Make sure to change water every day and clean the water dish with hot water and no soap.

26. This member thanks Sunshine for this post:

Substrate will need to be changed once a month and spot cleaned daily. Make sure to change water every day and clean the water dish with hot water and no soap.
    Thank you for the help! Appreciate it a lot

Nationality
    [Canada]

You are welcome!

29. This member thanks Sunshine for this post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information