Thread: How long have you had your frogs for?

Talking How long have you had your frogs for?

Hello! I have posted only about 3 times, and 2 of those posts were asking for help. And I feel bad that I usually come here to make sure I'm doing good with my Pacman Frog.

So this time I thought I would just ask, how long have you had your frog for? Or if you have had multiple, how long have you been a frog owner for?
    What got you into owning a frog?

I have had my frog Henry for more than a year now, and he is my first frog, so I think things are going well. Why I got him, was a funny thing. We went to PetsMart, to get a fish. But we left with a Pacman Frog instead! I loved frogs for a long time, but never really thought I would own one. Since they were a bit exotic to me, and I thought exotic meant higher maintenance. So when we went to PetsMart, we saw tiny Henry, he was maybe 2 inches long, and one of the store associates asked me if I wanted to hold him. Hesitant, because WOW I have never held a frog before, I did it. And then I fell in love and he came home with us. More than a year later, I think he is full grown, at about 4 inches.

What about you?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: How long have you had your frogs for?

I have had FROG since December of 2013. I read about Horned Frogs in a magazine. I am not mentioning the magazine because I don't think much of it. Any way I purchased all the books about Horned Frogs from Amazon. It' interesting to note that most of the books didn't agree on a lot of things about Horned Frogs. Be it substrate, feeding, vitamins, and temperature. Then I found FrogForum and it saved the day. FROG seems to be doing fine. I have feed him only crickets for most of his life. I lightly dust them with vitamin powder every week. I recently got a hold of some Night Crawlers so I have fed him those. If I could get a steady supply of Night Crawlers I would be happy. I live in a small town in Alaska so the pet shops are limited as to live food. I don't want to feed him wild food. I am not worried about pollution but parasites.

Thread Information