Thread: Japanese Mountain Toad (Bufo japonicus)- Availability in the USA and Importation?

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Japanese Mountain Toad (Bufo japonicus)- Availability in the USA and Importation?

Hey guys, this is my first post that I am making on behalf of my brother. My brother keeps a few frogs and toads, and is VERY interested in Japanese Mountain Toads. It seems that they are not in the pet trade here, but I have seen them for sale in the UK. I was wondering if anyone here keeps them or has seen them? If not, would it be possible to somehow import a few of them from Europe or Japan?

They seem popular in Japan. I found some on a japanese auction website I sometimes use (but not for live animals). They even have morphs of these guys!
    Check em out you're interested

Red-http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g153237633

Black- http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/m134221002

"High Color"- http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/198117207

It would be awesome if I could somehow use a deputy of some sort to get them from this site. But my brother just wants any sort of Japanese giant toad, even tadpoles. He is very determined to obtain them. Is it possible?

Thanks guys!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Japanese Mountain Toad (Bufo japonicus)- Availability in the USA and Importation?

Hi not answering to your question of availability but if you find any for import or sale and you need to sell excess or you find available suppliers I would be exctatic to hear from you ,I am also in the market for some . would love a black and a red .

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Japanese Mountain Toad (Bufo japonicus)- Availability in the USA and Importation?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamX89 View Post
    Hi not answering to your question of availability but if you find any for import or sale and you need to sell excess or you find available suppliers I would be exctatic to hear from you ,I am also in the market for some . would love a black and a red .
    Hi, I know it's been a while, but I sent you a PM with some news.

Nationality
    [United States]

I'm looking for a red bufo japonicus as well, any news on availability in the states?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimillian View Post
    I'm looking for a red bufo japonicus as well, any news on availability in the states?
    as i was searching for pacmans i stumbled upon a site selling black japanese toads.not sure if they were mountain toads using tv, so i cannot copypaste sorry

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Kimillian View Post
    Someone recently imported a few into the US for the first time. I managed to get two. Check faunaclassifieds and rare amphibian classifieds on facebook, that's where I saw the add.

Thread Information