Thread: Pacman toilet needs...

Musicpanda

Default Pacman toilet needs...

Ackward question but how often does a Pacman um... "****". When Hugo was small he did it often, every 2-3 day, but now when I look around I can't find anything even if I "spy" for over 1-2 weeks... doesn't seem normal, does he hide it...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Cebby75

Default Re: Pacman toilet needs...

Does he burrow himself a lot?
    It's possible he's just defecating while he's under there.
    I know some say pacman frogs use their water bowl as their toilet but from what I've seen that's not the case in all of them.
    Mine drops a bomb every 2 days or so at random spots around her tank.
    Is his appetite normal?
    If so, I doubt it's impaction.
    I'd say do a thorough cleaning of his tank and keep your eyes peeled for any deuces.
    If you still don't find any then I'm not sure what to tell you, I know it is very hard for these frogs to becomes constipated because well, they have almost elastic anus that can usually push out most of anything in their tract.

To rule out impaction:
    Is the frog showing interest in food?
    Is the frog eating properly?
    Do you notice any odd bumps, lumps, points, or intrusions on either of his sides?
    If you've answered no to all of these, then impaction isn't the issue.

If you manage to do a cleaning of the tank and still see no turds then you might want to consider taking him to a herp vet.

I hope this helps, good luck bro!

Musicpanda

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby75 View Post
    Does he burrow himself a lot?
    It's possible he's just defecating while he's under there.
    I know some say pacman frogs use their water bowl as their toilet but from what I've seen that's not the case in all of them.
    Mine drops a bomb every 2 days or so at random spots around her tank.
    Is his appetite normal?
    If so, I doubt it's impaction.
    I'd say do a thorough cleaning of his tank and keep your eyes peeled for any deuces.
    If you still don't find any then I'm not sure what to tell you, I know it is very hard for these frogs to becomes constipated because well, they have almost elastic anus that can usually push out most of anything in their tract.

To rule out impaction:
    Is the frog showing interest in food?
    Is the frog eating properly?
    Do you notice any odd bumps, lumps, points, or intrusions on either of his sides?
    If you've answered no to all of these, then impaction isn't the issue.

If you manage to do a cleaning of the tank and still see no turds then you might want to consider taking him to a herp vet.

I hope this helps, good luck bro!
    Red text was a little more than I wanted to know. He did use his waterbowl as toilet when he was juvenile but then he stopped and I couldn't find anything, then one day I looked under his tunnel were he used to burrow, and found one big pile of ****...

Hugo's been sitting on the same spot a long time now, he returns there after he's been eating, to quick for me to check for treasures at his base camp. He's been eating a lot recently so he should be ****ting all over... Doesn't look impacted. Maybe he uses a portal to another dimension at night or what do you think Cebby? ;p

Cebby75

Quote Originally Posted by Musicpanda View Post
    . Maybe he uses a portal to another dimension at night or what do you think Cebby? ;p
    Very possible.
    Most pacmans after reaching maturity can tap into their teleporting abilities and often do so when needing to conceal their turds, or if they just need to get away from it all for a while.
    Speaking of teleporting, I haven't seen mine for about a day... she left a note saying she would be back soon, but alls I can say is...
    Wake me up! Before you go-go! Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo!
    haha
    but in all seriousness, from what you've told me he seems normal, and healthy. Some prefer to indulge themselves in as much privacy as they can receive and it seems he does so.

So, get your pooper-scooper and have at it!

Super Froggyman

Same with my pacman. I've had him for over 2 months now, and he rarely ever poops. He's only pooped like 2 times in the past months. He's growing really fast though.

Thread Information