Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online Pet Shop worldwide ?

bntz

Default Online Pet Shop worldwide ?

Where I can find pet store which sell frogs worldwide ? I'm in Indonesia and frogs isn't common pet in this country.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Online Pet Shop worldwide ?

Where I live in England it's the same. I would try Exotic-Pets.co.uk, I know they deliver outside the UK, but not sure if they deliver to you, worth a shot

bntz

Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoFroggy View Post
    Where I live in England it's the same. I would try Exotic-Pets.co.uk, I know they deliver outside the UK, but not sure if they deliver to you, worth a shot
    Is that any shop/breeder that in Asia ? hmm the shipping cost will be too expensive for me

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

hhmm, that is a good point, have you tried searching places on like google for breeders in asia? when I was after a treefrog i got fed up and just searched everywhere as locally as it could give me.

Asia? All I can think of is maybe china? They distribute alot of animals. But most of em are for dinning. So yeah. You may want to look onto that. EVerytime I go to china town I see a ton of animals including tree frogs for some reason.

bntz

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    Asia? All I can think of is maybe china? They distribute alot of animals. But most of em are for dinning. So yeah. You may want to look onto that. EVerytime I go to china town I see a ton of animals including tree frogs for some reason.
    tree frog for dinner ?? WOW !! That is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bntz View Post
    tree frog for dinner ?? WOW !! That is awesome
    gross though

Kurt

Unfortunately, it is very difficult to ship live animals over international borders, so you need to look within Indonesia for frogs. On the plus side there are a lot of cool frogs native to Indonesia, Rhacophorus reinwardtii comes to mind.

bntz

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    Unfortunately, it is very difficult to ship live animals over international borders, so you need to look within Indonesia for frogs. On the plus side there are a lot of cool frogs native to Indonesia, Rhacophorus reinwardtii comes to mind.
    Yes you're right, but I want frogs there aren't native to Indonesia. Like the african bullfrog. Fortunately, there is ACF breeder in Indonesia so it's easy to get and with a reasonable price.

Actually, even I live in here there are soooo many amphibians species I don't know. And almost species on sale are wild caught. My white's tree frog and white lipped are white caught.

Yes you're right, but I want frogs there aren't native to Indonesia. Like the african bullfrog. Fortunately, there is ACF breeder in Indonesia so it's easy to get and with a reasonable price.

Actually, even I live in here there are soooo many amphibians species I don't know. And almost species on sale are wild caught. My white's tree frog and white lipped are white caught.
    Lol I know what you mean. Like the oddity i guess. Id pick a native animal over a non native though. Iam weird like that. I like to catch my own stuff sometimes. Lolol

bntz

Lol I know what you mean. Like the oddity i guess. Id pick a native animal over a non native though. Iam weird like that. I like to catch my own stuff sometimes. Lolol
    You catch your own frog ?? Wow that amazing

Wild caught pet become rare to find these day. Because of the illegal logging that damage the forest. So doest the fauna are decreasing.

Cool Re: Online Pet Shop worldwide ?

You catch your own frog ?? Wow that amazing

Wild caught pet become rare to find these day. Because of the illegal logging that damage the forest. So doest the fauna are decreasing.
    Hmm with frogs. IAm more limited. Because I only like toads for the most part. I also like other frogs. But mostly toads. I catch sometimes the american toads. I mainly catch turtles which is what I meant. I dont eat em. But I sometimes keep em in a seperate tank undisturbed for a week(feeding of course) and then release it. Mainly for studying it and learning its behaviour. Turtles adapt pretty fast id say.

bntz

Hmm with frogs. IAm more limited. Because I only like toads for the most part. I also like other frogs. But mostly toads. I catch sometimes the american toads. I mainly catch turtles which is what I meant. I dont eat em. But I sometimes keep em in a seperate tank undisturbed for a week(feeding of course) and then release it. Mainly for studying it and learning its behaviour. Turtles adapt pretty fast id say.
    Mine is different. I don't have any toad for keeping because toads mostly can spread an itching liquid. But I've got wild toads in my yard, It's bout hundreds of them . They are very very common toad live with humans in my place called Bufo melanostictus

Mine is different. I don't have any toad for keeping because toads mostly can spread an itching liquid. But I've got wild toads in my yard, It's bout hundreds of them . They are very very common toad live with humans in my place called Bufo melanostictus
    That would be the bufotenin poison. They only expell that when they feel threatened. Toads can be a bit skittish in MY experience. But some end up calming down. Some people here even have toads that are generally calm and their experiences are different. I like toads because if you watch them from afar they are abit aloof and mellow. Somewhat like a cat but not really.

Tropicok

Where there is a will, there is a way. When I first started with redfoot tortoises I had a terrible time find others who were interested and where I could find breeders. The amphibian addiction has been easier now with my contacts locally and on the internet. Since I have not been to Indonesia the suggestions may not apply but here are a few: ask pet dealers who deal in any kind of pet if they know someone.....is there a veterinarian or rescue place where you live, ask them.....is there a reptile/amphibian club where you live......? Ask friends or relatives if they know of anyone who have\\s a toad or frog for a pet...you would be surprised at some of the answers. Someone may have acquired an African toad long ago, before all the rules were made, and still have it around. Is there a zoo nearby, ask to speak to a zoo keeper.

bntz

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicok View Post
    Where there is a will, there is a way. When I first started with redfoot tortoises I had a terrible time find others who were interested and where I could find breeders. The amphibian addiction has been easier now with my contacts locally and on the internet. Since I have not been to Indonesia the suggestions may not apply but here are a few: ask pet dealers who deal in any kind of pet if they know someone.....is there a veterinarian or rescue place where you live, ask them.....is there a reptile/amphibian club where you live......? Ask friends or relatives if they know of anyone who have\\s a toad or frog for a pet...you would be surprised at some of the answers. Someone may have acquired an African toad long ago, before all the rules were made, and still have it around. Is there a zoo nearby, ask to speak to a zoo keeper.
    Reptiles and Amphibians are not common pet here. There is only about 50 pet store exclusively for exotic pets (including reptiles and amphibians) in all over my country, it's true. It's easy to find animals that native here like green tree phyton, reticulated phyton, blue tongue skink, or white's tree frog but my problem is I want frogs that not native here just like african bullfrog.

I have many friend of veterinarian but they didn't much know about that. They can only provide pet that native live in Indonesia. Thx for your concern anyway,

Reptiles and Amphibians are not common pet here. There is only about 50 pet store exclusively for exotic pets (including reptiles and amphibians) in all over my country, it's true. It's easy to find animals that native here like green tree phyton, reticulated phyton, blue tongue skink, or white's tree frog but my problem is I want frogs that not native here just like african bullfrog.

I have many friend of veterinarian but they didn't much know about that. They can only provide pet that native live in Indonesia. Thx for your concern anyway,
    *cough* smuggle one? xD Jk. But if you are really interested in that species and very determined to get it. You could.... just get a pair shipped from another country. You'd have to pay more. But eh, better than nothing? More novelty I guess? If you end up breeding them well then you can start your own business on these frogs. Corner the indian market?

Kurt

Don't you mean the Indonesian market? It don't matter, unless he can get his hands on them and that appears to be very difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    Don't you mean the Indonesian market? It don't matter, unless he can get his hands on them and that appears to be very difficult.
    He could try online?

Kurt

There is still that international border issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information