Thread: I'm such a horrible mom!

Default I'm such a horrible mom!

I opened the lid to take care of my little guys (I think they all 4 are female, no croaking). and scooter junior wasn't looking too happy. he had substrate allover so I was gently spraying her off and she jumped a little. I tried to catch her and she slipped thru my fingers then she was hanging and pulling herself up but slipping at the same time. and I didn't want her to hit the side of her water dish so I tried to scooch her up and then she was on top of the tank and hopped over the top and back over again because she touched the hot metal thing that surrounds the blue light. I'm panicked by now and I tried to scoop her one more time to get her back inside safely she slipped through my fingers and SPLAT! On the floor!!!!! I can't believe this happened. I am always so careful! Eventually I caught her she from what I noticed had a couple good jumps I didn't see or notice anything out of wack.. I got her back in her cage and gently sprayed her. poor thing. I feel horrible and all I can see is the quick hop back from the lamp and then i hear that awful splat sound when she hit the floor. there is fresh food and water. and I shut the light off and it's quiet. Now what do I do? I just can't get that out of my head!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Frogger00

Default Re: I'm such a horrible mom!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Ableitner View Post
    I opened the lid to take care of my little guys (I think they all 4 are female, no croaking). and scooter junior wasn't looking too happy. he had substrate allover so I was gently spraying her off and she jumped a little. I tried to catch her and she slipped thru my fingers then she was hanging and pulling herself up but slipping at the same time. and I didn't want her to hit the side of her water dish so I tried to scooch her up and then she was on top of the tank and hopped over the top and back over again because she touched the hot metal thing that surrounds the blue light. I'm panicked by now and I tried to scoop her one more time to get her back inside safely she slipped through my fingers and SPLAT! On the floor!!!!! I can't believe this happened. I am always so careful! Eventually I caught her she from what I noticed had a couple good jumps I didn't see or notice anything out of wack.. I got her back in her cage and gently sprayed her. poor thing. I feel horrible and all I can see is the quick hop back from the lamp and then i hear that awful splat sound when she hit the floor. there is fresh food and water. and I shut the light off and it's quiet. Now what do I do? I just can't get that out of my head!
    I wouldn't worry much about the fall, depending on species. My whites jump onto the floor all the time, never had any issues. I would be more worried about the frog touching the lamp, make sure you put some Neosporin(non-painkiller!) on the affected area. Frogs are a lot tougher than they seem, you are not a bad mom for dropping a slippery wriggling frog! I think we've all done it at least once. The frogs can take it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

in the back ofmy mind i really thought she could take it. but i can still hear the sound of her dropping to the floor. and there not like a fluffy animal that u can wrap up and cuddle. i wish u could. any how thank you. that actually makes me feel better.
    I didnt or couldn't find where she touched
    lamp... it was the metal piece that surrounds the bulb. duh! the lampshade -I couldn't think of what u called it. anyhow I was wondering if she actually touched it. I'm hoping that maybe she got close realized how warm it was and jumped out of the way. everything happened so fast. I have antibiotic ointment generic. or should it be actual Neosporin?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

generic antibiotic might be okay if you're sure it has no painkillers.

6. This member thanks elly for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I've had one of my PCF's take a five foot fall onto a concrete floor with no harm done. I know the splat sound you're talking about, it's a little unnerving, but I think frogs are more durable then we think.

Thank you. I think she fell about that far too. I think your right about durability. It was probably worse for me. You'd never know anything happened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I Just saw this thread and have always thought my whites were females but they croak all the time! Ive tried to sex them and never saw the brown spot on there thumb. They both have the same croak and it sounds like Gears and its pretty loud.

Frogger00

Quote Originally Posted by AbranV View Post
    I've had one of my PCF's take a five foot fall onto a concrete floor with no harm done. I know the splat sound you're talking about, it's a little unnerving, but I think frogs are more durable then we think.
    The "splat" sound is terrible!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

it really is.

it really is a horrible sound

Thread Information