Thread: Peepers peeping

Btmichael87

Default Peepers peeping

Hello all. This is technically my second introduction as my first was rushed about a month ago. Now that I have more settled into actually having a frog I was wondering if you fine people could give me your opinions on a question I have.

A month or so ago I was given one little spring pepper who I have fallen in love with. Well apparently that makes me the frog whisperer amongst friends. >_< now I am the proud owner of a couple more spring peepers. I love them all dearly but I seem to have wasted space in my tank as these little guys are more terrestrial in nature. Therefore I would like to upgrade to a 20 long tank. However if I am going to put a 20 long in my bedroom I feel like I would need to get rid of my nano tank to make room.

That being said. I see that spring peepers do like a small water feature of 4" or less of water. My question is. Can I take my three celestial danios and plants from a planted nano tank and turn a 20 gallon long into two thirds land and one third water? Or even half and half for that matter. Would this be applicable in this situation or do you think it would be pushing it? Also. I would love some helpful suggestions on making or buying vivariums. Right now I only know. Wow water and land?! I must have one. Lol so any help is greatly appreciated.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Peepers peeping

Alrighty then. Step 1 check your state laws on native species capture. I recently almost lost me rosy red irish *** over a few peepers. Here im allowed 1. They love room temp. A 20L Will be good for the few though. Males will fight so that should narrow you down a few.

Room temp
    1/4water
    1/4grassy bog
    1/2 thickly planted.

Peepers are tree frogs at night and burrowers by day. Under moss, root clusters, loose things... they perfer the same spot and will burrow deeper and deeper. Like i said males are super effin duper territorial and will fight constantly... no pecking order, just screw you dude, my tank... theyll leap apart but will fight again and again. Room temp is ok at night. About 75-80 during the day. 60% roundabout humidity. 14hr night 10hr day. During your few mists a day, really make it rain once in a while...

Pin heads, flys, crickets, ants, grey rolly polly garden bugs, endless possibilities. They are from nature, remember and use it to your advantage...

Put some pics up please.

Also, visit paherps.com its for my state, but look at the frog area, theres a amazing writeup on peeps there.

Heres the 1 i was permitted to keep... but released anways due to the fact theyre really loopin me around here with our **** for daily changing laws... ew thats a nasty topic... But heres mr cutie man. He goes brown to red, will shatter an eardrum, and is my little buddy. Theyre super intelligent and i swear learn by watching us. Have you seen yours checkin ya out yet?

We miss him. He was an awsome little oddball

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Honestly why is c-ra-p edited guys????

Frogger00

Default Peepers peeping

Quote Originally Posted by Krispy View Post
    Honestly why is c-ra-p edited guys????
    I know right?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Btmichael87

Thanks so much for the reply! You have a cute frog. Luckily mine do not call much at all but even when they do I am used to my guinea pigs squeaking to hub heaven every time they hear someone open the fridge. They are spoiled. >_<. Here are some pictures of mine. Number four is the one that tried to get away. I actually lost him twice while taking pictures. That is why thereis only one of him. Do you have any suggestions on building the setup for them? I do not want a boggy area as I would love to keep my nano tank included and equally as important. I think I have a plan but I'm not positive and would love any and all suggestions.

Frog one

http://imgur.com/fTmUTa2
    http://imgur.com/CQ7DklC

frog two

Imgur
    Imgur

Frog three

http://imgur.com/U8om3ot
    http://imgur.com/2xX2RaB

frog four

Imgur

not sure why some are links and some aren't. I can't get it fixed. Sorry. You'll have to copy and paste some.

Thread Information