Thread: Any possible help for ADF before it's too late? :(

Fc1700

Default Any possible help for ADF before it's too late? :(

I recently bought a very pretty painted glass ADF. I had a freak tank leak last week and moved him to a new 20 gallon ( in community with fish). I noticed today he was floating at the top of tank all day. I finally then realized, holy **** he's blowing up like a balloon! He seems swollen all over his body and is having trouble staying at the bottom of the tank and is just floating and drifting with the filter and staying at the top. I heard dropsy/bloating (if it's the case) is almost impossible to cure. Anyone have experience or are able to help? I'm feeling like he doesn't have long from the posts I've read on ADF/ACF frog bloating.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Any possible help for ADF before it's too late? :(

Some keepers have found that frozen bloodworms contribute to bloat, especially in ADF's. Unfortunately, I'm no expert but I don't think there's much you could do, except give him a "weak" salt bath. Unfortunately, bloat is usually fatal for these frogs. If you got it very recently, perhaps you could return it--assuming that your water chemistry is good. You would need to bring a sample in to the store.

Fc1700

Default Re: Any possible help for ADF before it's too late? :(

Quote Originally Posted by jlfrogfan View Post
    Some keepers have found that frozen bloodworms contribute to bloat, especially in ADF's. Unfortunately, I'm no expert but I don't think there's much you could do, except give him a "weak" salt bath. Unfortunately, bloat is usually fatal for these frogs. If you got it very recently, perhaps you could return it--assuming that your water chemistry is good. You would need to bring a sample in to the store.
    Thanks, I have him quarantined in a breeder. I will see if bloating goes down, if thingsook worse I will take him in. Only had him 2 weeks.

Thread Information