Thread: Butterworms feed or not feed?

gizmo88

Question Butterworms feed or not feed?

Hi I was looking around live food sites here in the uk just to browse and not many only two, and probably from the same supplier sell butter worms i did buy some but before i use them i thought i'd ask about them.Theres not much on them and when you put pacaman frogs and butterworms into the search engine 99% of it because you mention worms brings up wax worm questions and the other 1% only mentions these in general on posts about feeding.They have put the usual line of "they are a fantastic occasional treat for geckos,amphibians and other lizards" on the infomation part of the page while obviously these guys are amphibians last time i checked(hehe) would these be ok for a pacman frog? i finally managed to get a worm farm going so thats it staple but we all like treats and a change.My only gripe with theses worms is their heads i wouldn't call them massive but the jaws on them!! while i was just checking all survised delivery i was about to cut up a worm in bits and put the nightcrwaler into the butterworm tub just to "spend a penny lol" and one of the bigger butterworms and started to "cut at it!" would it be a issue with the frog or is a butter worm going to see the frog as to big to bother and actually be more intreseted in trying to get away lol. Here the Nutritional Information other then you obviously want lower number against fat what your feeding and higher protein,calcium i dont understand that stuff exactly. They will be a treat as they can be keeped in the fridge for months(apparently) but would you feed or not feed?. Th3y also cant be bred at home because the guys in chilie are bound by law to nuke em first the Chilean moth is seen as a pest so they cant pupate.

Moisture 58.54 %
    Ash 1.04 %
    Protein 16.20 %
    Fat 5.21 %
    Calories/Fat 87.73
    Calcium(ml/100 grs) 42.90

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Butterworms feed or not feed?

As a treat they are great, but due to the very high fat contend they can't be a staple for pacs.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Thread Information