Thread: New Frog Help

Default New Frog Help

I just got a baby African Bullfrog (I was told it's two months old) and I want to know as much as I can to make sure it stays healthy and happy. I'm completely new to the frog care world but I've been reading a lot. Based on my photo, is my frog a giant or dwarf African Bullfrog? How can you tell? How much is recommended to feed it at this size? Also how long until I can tell its gender? It's grown very fast in the past two weeks. Any tips for a newbie?! All info welcome!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: New Frog Help

Awe, what a cutie, it's a giant, well tiny one still make sure you feed him and supplement properly.

congrats!

Here is a good article Frog Forum - African Bullfrog - Pyxicephalus adspersus - Care and Breeding

any questions? Just ask!
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Default Re: New Frog Help

i would agree with lija on it being a little giant u can tell by the bright green three stripes they have on their backs that will fade away with age....only some females will retain the middle green stripe....dwarves have a kinda dark yellow stripe and look different the the giant species...and all the info u would want to know is where lijas link is at

Thread Information