Thread: My new Pixie set-up + My froggy

Rattus Knits

Default My new Pixie set-up + My froggy

Hello,
    I just got my new froggy (and first) about 2 weeks ago. I’m feeding a varied diet, so he (not sure of gender but “he”for now) has been eating crickets, grasshoppers, mealworms and 1 fuzzy mouse so far (he’s alittle smaller than a baseball). Today was his fourth or fifth feeding I think.He was just moved into a 15 gal yesterday (pics bellow) and though I’ve beendoing a lot of research I’d love tips.

He has a water bowl, but I also do what I read someone elsedoes where they feed in a separate cage, when done add some warm water and waitfor the frog to do its business then put it back in its tank. I also clean thebowl daily and may add a second one so he can have a choice, though when hegets bigger only one large bowl may fit (until I get a 20 long that is).

In the tank I use eco earth (the really fine stuff) which Idid a bit of soaking to get it moist and now keep up the humidity with a fewsprays of water everyday (I use water de-chlorinator for all water that goes inthe tank). Along with his water bowl he has a large hiding pot with some mossin it that I keep damp, and a few pots with different plants (2 aloe, 1sunflower that was just planted, and one betta fish plant-probably Anubis). Theonly pot that has no bottom is the betta plant since it needs more moisturethan the others so I just let the roots go down in the substrate but I put thecut pot around it to make sure my froggie doesn’t up-root it, though he juststarted digging next to it today to make himself a cozy little hiding place.

I’m going to look at other plant suggestions and what notnow but I’d love input, I will probably stick to putting them in differentsized pots to make cleaning easier unless there’s suggestions for plants thatdo ok in a pixie habitat.

All input welcome just don’t be rude! I’m new but that doesn’tmean I haven’t tried to do as much research as I can!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information