Thread: New Pixie frog, wanted to see how others set-up!

Rattus Knits

Default New Pixie frog, wanted to see how others set-up!

Posting this from work (Mwahahaha). I have just gotten myfirst froggie, a pixie frog, about 2 weeks ago. It has been living in a critterkeeper (one of the bigger ones) since I had to do some unexpected mantenence onthe 15 gal I was going to be using. Thankfully it’s still not huge and seemspretty comfy even in the small home.
    But now I am finally upgrading it! So I’m using the ecoearth stuff, the really fine one (I am not a fan of the bark mulchy kind thatthey also sell), and want to have a “natural” looking set up so I was thinkingof going for the garden type theme with plant pots for hiding places and someplants in some other pots out of my froggies way and maybe a little cat grasssince it’s cheap and I don’t care if it all gets uprooted. Obviously I alsohave a water bowl and I mist the enclosure daily and will continue to do so.

Now for the reason behind this post! I was wondering ifpeople wanted to post some pictures of their set-ups to help give me ideas,also what types of plants do you use? Substrate ect.

Also what about lighting and heating? I’m using a heatpadnow on a thermostat raised to 80 degrees (+ or – 3 degrees) on the bottom of myenclosure, many people said to put it on the side but if I have the thermostatand a back up thermometer is the bottom fine? Also can I use a heat light onone section during the day or should I just go with a light that produces noheat? I know it can dry out the froggy but I’m just curious what others think!

PS I will be feeding in a separate enclosure to prevent ingestion of the bedding

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information