Thread: Noticed something today...

Frogger00

Default Noticed something today...

I have two whites who are rather jumpy. Often times they leap across the room with no warning, and man can they jump far! So, trying to figure out a warning sign so I don't lose my frogs, I paid very close attention to the frogs while they were on me. To my surprise, when they were about to jump, I could feel a "pulse" and it gets faster as they come closer to launching. I can feel it in their feet, it's quite neat and only noticeable if you are paying close attention. Just thought this was a notable thing to share. Happy frogging!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. This member thanks Frogger00 for this post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Frogger00

Bump

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

The only way I can tell they are going to leap is when they get "the look"... That cautious, head-tilted, eye staring look, lol!
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I can tell when my whites are about to jump because they will stop what there doing, be still while they plot there escape route then they go all starry eyed as heatheranne said about " the look". Then just when you least expect it/ I look away for a split second , then WHAM! We have an airborne frog! I see it all the time. It's like they know i looked away and they see there chance. Very cute but you have to be watching their every move to really see that change. Every once and a while while cleaning the enclosure and replacing the water dishes, one will make it out the door of the tank. Sneaky buggers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stephanie

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Noticed something today...

Quote Originally Posted by Frogger00 View Post
    I have two whites who are rather jumpy. Often times they leap across the room with no warning, and man can they jump far! So, trying to figure out a warning sign so I don't lose my frogs, I paid very close attention to the frogs while they were on me. To my surprise, when they were about to jump, I could feel a "pulse" and it gets faster as they come closer to launching. I can feel it in their feet, it's quite neat and only noticeable if you are paying close attention. Just thought this was a notable thing to share. Happy frogging!

With carpal I sometimes have impaired feeling in my hands (they fall asleep!) so I might not notice the pulsing you talk about, but I have noticed when watching the froggles before they take off that sometimes those hind center toes do a little flexy thing... maybe that's what you are feeling?
    Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny
    2.0.0 South American Bird Poo Frogs (Hyla marmorata): Ribbit & Rupert

Frogger00

Quote Originally Posted by irThumper View Post
    With carpal I sometimes have impaired feeling in my hands (they fall asleep!) so I might not notice the pulsing you talk about, but I have noticed when watching the froggles before they take off that sometimes those hind center toes do a little flexy thing... maybe that's what you are feeling?
    Yes that's it! They start flexing and it feels like pulsing if I pay extra close attention. I am extra sensitive to my senses, so I might notice it more than others.

whittyfrog42

Iv noticed that in mine as well. they think they're being all sneeky and right before they go to jump I put my finger on the tip of their noes the looks I get are hysterical!

Frogger00

Quote Originally Posted by whittyfrog42 View Post
    Iv noticed that in mine as well. they think they're being all sneeky and right before they go to jump I put my finger on the tip of their noes the looks I get are hysterical!
    Lol if my finger goes near the mouth, I get bit!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frogger00 View Post
    Yes that's it! They start flexing and it feels like pulsing if I pay extra close attention. I am extra sensitive to my senses, so I might notice it more than others.

Ah! I think this might be some sort of hunting reflex as well, I noticed that they do that sometimes just before jumping at a bug, or a water droplet, or something they've been focused hard on. Sort of like how a cat chatters when they see a fly/moth, but this is silent
    Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny

Tongue Flicker

They are just being themselves, hoppy lol

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

If you're hoppy and you know it, flex your toes... if you're hoppy and you know it, flex your toes.... if you're hoppy and you know it, then your toes will surely show it, if you're hoppy and you know it, flex your toes! LOL!
    Mom to these fine frogs!

14. This member thanks irThumper for this post:

Thread Information