Thread: pacmans first honey bath/newowner question multi thread.

Samuel Little

Talking pacmans first honey bath/newowner question multi thread.

My new pacman frog had he/shes first honey bath today and boy was it a success when i was first reading up on these guys me and basicy everyone i know was like eerr what in the name will a rub full of warm water with honey do? Lets just say having the frog for almost three weeks now and other then the day i got him/she which i guess was down to stress it haddnt pooped so i thought other then for first two days inwhich i just left it to settle in i'v fed it a staple of earthworms and a few silkworms he/she has had two waxworms but when i found out about the fat in them i chucked them, every 2days it must need to poop at some point and boy did it!! i guess there has been "supa" sized poops with what these guys each but it surprised me the picture is a abit hazzie but poop sausage!! lol

http://s3.postimg.org/fow4eh21v/pac.jpg

I do have a question about colouring i guess that most of that lovely vibrant green will turn brown as it ages???

http://s21.postimg.org/t9kknz9uf/pacmancolour2.jpg

looking at the second picture i know he/shes is cb14 but could you put a month on it i think 5-6months old? i could be miles off feel free to correct me or just guess lol.is it poss to sex from that angle also or would you need chin and front feet shots to work that out??

and 3rd picture...the joys of pacman frog ownership the one day he/shes not burred and covered in dirt you must cherrish it hehe!!

http://s23.postimg.org/wxdk4vlfv/pacmanfront2.jpg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: pacmans first honey bath/newowner question multi thread.

Hard to say about the age, it's depends on a lot of things. Congrats on a poop ( lol non frog people would never fully understand that lol)
    hard to say if the color would change or not, it will to extend, only time will tell, meanwhile he sure looks happy
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Nationality
    [Canada]

Ya they got some big poops, I remember the first time I seen one I thought how did that possibly come out of you. Sometimes I will laugh to myself when I see a thread with someone asking how will I know If my pacman has pooped. I think trust me if he poops above the substrate you will know, its hard to miss by the size and smell.

Samuel Little

Quote Originally Posted by monster View Post
    Ya they got some big poops, I remember the first time I seen one I thought how did that possibly come out of you. Sometimes I will laugh to myself when I see a thread with someone asking how will I know If my pacman has pooped. I think trust me if he poops above the substrate you will know, its hard to miss by the size and smell.

YOU WILL KNOW!!! When its pooped even in the sweet smelling warm water did it stink and my god when i tried to get him/she out the tank to put him back it jumped about a bit and in the little bit of mayhem broke it up lol it just made everything worse hahaha!!!

Samuel Little

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    Hard to say about the age, it's depends on a lot of things. Congrats on a poop ( lol non frog people would never fully understand that lol)
    hard to say if the color would change or not, it will to extend, only time will tell, meanwhile he sure looks happy
    Cheers for the reponse and bits of info it'd be shame if he/she lost bits of that lovely green but i guess it will happen however small or great it will brown in parts. i panicked abit when i researched and others were saying it takes about 48hours(right or wrong??)
    for these guys to digest then poop in the right temps but as a new owner i will fuss and obsess.

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Depends on a food, on a frog, can be a day or two or week
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Samuel Little

was i right to do a honey soak after almost 3 weeks of no pooping he/she was fed every 2 days other then the odd day it was still under ground i couldnt stay up any longer to wait for it to poke its head out or be active on a few days over this 3 week period so far as i said before its only poop before yesterday in my ownership was the day he/she arived or did i panic abit as a new owner and kinda did this abit quick?

Does it matter what kind of honey you put in the honey bath like natural honey or sweetened honey cause I want too try this but I don't want too put the wrong honey and hurt him
    Also another question what kind of worms are you feeding your frogI have an albino pacman frog and he's maybe 2-3 inch and I feed him full size nigh crawlers should I keep feed in him these or switch too meal worms cause he's not big enough cause yes he eats the entire nightcrawler but then he won't eat again for like 4 days cause I'll try every 2 and he denies it is this healthy

Member needs to set country!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post
    Does it matter what kind of honey you put in the honey bath like natural honey or sweetened honey cause I want too try this but I don't want too put the wrong honey and hurt him
    Also another question what kind of worms are you feeding your frogI have an albino pacman frog and he's maybe 2-3 inch and I feed him full size nigh crawlers should I keep feed in him these or switch too meal worms cause he's not big enough cause yes he eats the entire nightcrawler but then he won't eat again for like 4 days cause I'll try every 2 and he denies it is this healthy
    Raw, real honey is best. I emphasize the 'real' part because you'd be shocked how much honey sold at the store is glorified sugar syrup, thus lacking any of the benefits of true honey. However, I am sure plenty of people here have used fake honeys for their frogs and they have been fine.

I would avoid meal worms because they could lead to impaction down the line. Nightcrawlers are great feeders, so I'd keep giving him those. As for frequency, I believe he should be eating at least every other day, but I'm not entirely sure. Maybe someone else can jump in and advise.

Thread Information