Thread: Im in a situation :/

vampyregirl

Question Im in a situation :/

In June, I may be going on vacation, not sure yet. But if I do, I will be gone a week. I was curious what other people on here have done with their pacman frogs while they are away? I have no one to watch mine. And I don't want to take him with me, because how badly it stresses them. I'm honestly in a situation.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Im in a situation :/

Many exotic vets as well as pet stores will offer pet-sitting services for exotics. Vet offices are obviously going to be the better choice. It'd be a good idea to start asking now what services places like that offer; you don't want to have to figure out where your frog will be staying last minute.
    If nowhere where you live offers those services you'll have to take him with you or find someone to check in on him.
    3.0 Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis
    1.1 Thamnophis cyrtopsis ocellatus
    0.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    1.0 Litoria caerulea
    0.1 Terrapene carolina
    0.1 Python regius
    0.1 Grammostola rosea
    0.0.1 Brachypelma smithi
    0.1 Hogna carolinensis

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

You don't have any friends that could come in and change a water bowl and remove some poop if there is any? Because if you will only be gone 1 week, you can feed a large meal just before leaving and it will tide the frog over. With a reptifogger and hygrotherm setup there won't need to be frequent misting or turning on of heat lamps. You would just need someone to check that the water bottle isn't empty, that the frog doesn't need a fresh water bowl, and that it hasn't pooped.

If necessary, there are some pet watching services that will house your frog. I wouldn't trust one that wasn't a vet though because of possible contamination from the other animals being housed next to your frog. Those services also tend to be a bit expensive in my opinion for something as low key as a frog.

vampyregirl

I may be able to get the exotic pet store here where i got him from to watch him while im away. I do not have a reptifogger. The main thing I'm worried about is the humidity while im gone. Because i thought I could feed him a pinkie before i left. I may call the owner of that store though to see if he could watch him while im away, but if not, then i may have to take him with me...

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

At the rate those places charge, you would have paid for the reptifogger in that week.

dumpyfrog101

Finally someone who feels my pain lol. Last summer i went away and got my cousin to watch my 4 frogs and lizards. Obviously it wasn't an amazing job, but he kept them alive and well. You could pay someone you know like a friend or a relative (Most kids will do it because they love animals.) to take care of your Pac man, i mean if you teach them what to do it should go ok. Next thing you could do is buy a repti fogger and a light timer,the frog will be misted and the light will be good. You can feed him a ton before you leave and he will be fine. The water bowl is what it is though, just clean everything when you get home.

Thread Information