Thread: A.C.F & Water

FrogPiggy

Default A.C.F & Water

My acf has been in her new tank for maybe 2 weeks. 20 gal. long She has maybe eaten one time & I noticed she regurgitated food from the day before. If water may be the cause of this. What do I have to test the water for. Is there anything I have to look for that would cause her not to be able to smell her food or something.
    When I put food in the tank or try and hand feed her she just will not eat. she will take her hands and smell but that`s it. I tried night crawlers, frozen blood worms, freeze dried brine shrimp & tubifex worms. I tried feeder guppies. & even a little piece of shrimp that I had in the freezer.

I took this photo of her right before I posted this message. She has been in my fish tank since she was tiny, she is now 1 yr old she has not eaten any of my fish. NOT to say she never will. I am just saying in that long of time she has not & the fish are small enough for her to eat.

She just seems so sad in the new tank & will not eat or even swim in my palm as she would always do. I even unplugged the filter so it would be quiet & that did not matter either. I rigged the filters water flow so it would be more on the quiet side.
    Should I put her back into the fish tank? she always came in the palm of my hand & she always ate when I gave her food or dropped it in. I feel like
    I am torturing her in the new tank

Name:  piggy.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  56.0 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

What is that sore looking spot on her head? I see alot of red on her which makes me think poor water quality is the culprit. Is there any well cycled media in the filter in the new tank?

Don't give freeze dried foods, they are bad for the digestive tract. You can try offering reptomin pellets for a non live option. You can also try offering crickets or roaches, they will swim around the surface. My girl seems to go nuts over em.
    2.0 Bombina orientalis
    1.0 Bufo americanus
    0.1.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    0.1 Xenopus laevis

All my arachnids and other inverts listed in my profile

FrogPiggy

Default Re: A.C.F & Water

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewM1 View Post
    What is that sore looking spot on her head? I see alot of red on her which makes me think poor water quality is the culprit. Is there any well cycled media in the filter in the new tank?

Don't give freeze dried foods, they are bad for the digestive tract. You can try offering reptomin pellets for a non live option. You can also try offering crickets or roaches, they will swim around the surface. My girl seems to go nuts over em.
    The red on her head is from her hitting the castle that use to be in the tank I sort of edited the photo before i uploaded it on the site so it could be seen better. When I got her she was pink they called her a tutti frutti frog maybe that`s why you see a lot of red.she is fading out of the pink. The filter was set up new when I got her the tank. I noticed that one side of her seems bigger then the other, is this a bad thing.

Nationality
    [United States]

That opens up a whole other set of problems. The dying process is pretty horrible and they tend to have very short life spans because of it.

What kind of substrate do you have in the tanks? Regurgitating, not eating, and swelling on one side sounds like it could be impacted.
    2.0 Bombina orientalis
    1.0 Bufo americanus
    0.1 Xenopus laevis

FrogPiggy

That opens up a whole other set of problems. The dying process is pretty horrible and they tend to have very short life spans because of it.

What kind of substrate do you have in the tanks? Regurgitating, not eating, and swelling on one side sounds like it could be impacted.
    In her tank there is one of those plastic gerbal igloo looking houses. She has had that for around 6 months if a little longer. there is a few live plants but not buried as supposed to be. there just floating. I had a hand full of the bigger gravel the real rock looking gravel on top of the house to hold it down & a plastic plant sticking closer to the top for easy resting when she wanted to stay at the top & that was it. I don`t` know if this was a bad mistake but i put her back in the fish tank. I could not deal with how she was acting in the new tank. I really was feeling horrible cause I knew there was a change in her. Another thing is...

I was having a issue with the fish 2 months ago It` was allll my fault. I tested the water & noticed the ph test color was a darker blue that was on the test chart results. Pet supplies plus is telling me to add this and do that. Well I then heard white gravel causes high ph & its hard to get rid of ph. the only way is to remove the gravel. ugh so i took out the gravel & added new gravel. and done a big water change. well i then find out it is not white gravel it is white coral i think they said online. my goshhhh I will never ever listen to pet supplies plus again nor go there for anything. ever since this my tank has been wacked out obviously it went threw a cycle. Well it`s still going threw a process cause the water is not getting better, It will look good for a day or two & start all over again with high readings. the readings this morning are NO ammonia...Ni-TRITES 2.0 ppm....ni-TRATES 20.ppm You do not know how much I appreciate your time & help I really need to get this under control. It seems like I am a first time tank owner but believe it or not I had this for 2 yrs and my water has been good, at least with the test strips & the pet shop testing my water. I am new to the freshwater master kit test though. I started using that 2 months ago. I am on my second box already those are 40 bucks a pop for them. can ya tell i am freaking about these fish & my frog, Another thing when I had seen her vomit the other day it was a bright green, could she of eaten plants? what would of been a bright green? I had taken a photo if you want to see but it is not a good pic.

FrogPiggy

Quote Originally Posted by FrogPiggy View Post
    The dying thing is a mean thing to do for money.In her tank there is one of those plastic gerbal igloo looking houses. She has had that for around 6 months if a little longer. there is a few live plants but not buried as supposed to be. there just floating. I had a hand full of the bigger gravel the real rock looking gravel on top of the house to hold it down & a plastic plant sticking closer to the top for easy resting when she wanted to stay at the top & that was it. I don`t` know if this was a bad mistake but i put her back in the fish tank. I could not deal with how she was acting in the new tank. I really was feeling horrible cause I knew there was a change in her. Another thing is...

I was having a issue with the fish 2 months ago It` was allll my fault. I tested the water & noticed the ph test color was a darker blue that was on the test chart results. Pet supplies plus is telling me to add this and do that. Well I then heard white gravel causes high ph & its hard to get rid of ph. the only way is to remove the gravel. ugh so i took out the gravel & added new gravel. and done a big water change. well i then find out it is not white gravel it is white coral i think they said online. my goshhhh I will never ever listen to pet supplies plus again nor go there for anything. ever since this my tank has been wacked out obviously it went threw a cycle. Well it`s still going threw a process cause the water is not getting better, It will look good for a day or two & start all over again with high readings. the readings this morning are NO ammonia...Ni-TRITES 2.0 ppm....ni-TRATES 20.ppm You do not know how much I appreciate your time & help I really need to get this under control. It seems like I am a first time tank owner but believe it or not I had this for 2 yrs and my water has been good, at least with the test strips & the pet shop testing my water. I am new to the freshwater master kit test though. I started using that 2 months ago. I am on my second box already those are 40 bucks a pop for them. can ya tell i am freaking about these fish & my frog, Another thing when I had seen her vomit the other day it was a bright green, could she of eaten plants? what would of been a bright green? I had taken a photo if you want to see but it is not a good pic.
    The photo with the white background is the throw up from yesterday, & I actually caught her throwing up this morning as I was vacuuming out some water. that photo is the blue net one.

Name:  vomit1.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  13.9 KB Name:  vomit.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  62.0 KB

Nationality
    [United States]

The gravel is a HUGE issue. I think theres a very good chace she accidentally swallowed a piece and its blocking up her intestines.

Honestly not sure about the green in the vomit. My first thought is partially digested gunk that couldn't pass through the body the correct way.
    2.0 Bombina orientalis
    1.0 Bufo americanus
    0.1 Xenopus laevis

FrogPiggy

If by chance that is the issue. does this hurt her, & if it has not passed by now, then most likely it will not

Nationality
    [United States]

If that is whats going on it is fatal the only way to be sure what is going on though would be x-rays at a herp vet. If it is gravel, surgery would be required to remove it.
    2.0 Bombina orientalis
    1.0 Bufo americanus
    0.1 Xenopus laevis

FrogPiggy

If that is whats going on it is fatal the only way to be sure what is going on though would be x-rays at a herp vet. If it is gravel, surgery would be required to remove it.
    I checked around & they are pretty far from my house. Nearest one is 2 hours away. I had a guppy in there and it`s gone. I think she ate it. I just got done doing a partial & noticed. maybe a good thing. I tried offering a worm but she did not take it. Thank you for everything

Nationality
    [United States]

Default A.C.F & Water

Np, I hope things turn out all right
    2.0 Bombina orientalis
    1.0 Bufo americanus
    0.1 Xenopus laevis

FrogPiggy

Np, I hope things turn out all right
    Thank You, me too. Well I went to feed her a worm & she did not want it. So i got some tubifex worms & held some by her & she started nibbling on my fingers as she always does. I was so happy she ate some & my fingers . I have not felt that from her in a while. My darn aquarium water is still out of wack I keep doing partial water changes to lower the trites & they just wont go down & if they do they come right back up. I got low readings on the nitrates, on the higher side with the nitrites & ammonia is really low. I wish it would just get to a normal reading again for once & stay there. Now i am blabbing sorry.

Thread Information