Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whites tree frog morphs? Let's see them!

Frogger00

Default Re: Whites tree frog morphs? Let's see them!

Whites tree frogs come in a variety of patterns and colors, as you have seen. The one with blue eyes is exactly that: a blue eyed whites tree frog. I have one myself, very pretty morph.

The frogs with multiple spots are called snowflakes. I have one of those as well, and many others do too. Probably the most common "morph".

The frogs with a blue tint to their skin are called blue phase. This morph is just a phase, so they may grow out of it or stay that way throughout their life.

The one you described as yellow could be a honey morph, although it's hard to tell in the pic. Could you try to get a better one? This is a really nice morph, and rare too.

The frogs who seem very very dark(I noticed one in the picture) are either stressed, or they are the brown morph. It's not really a morph I suppose, but it looks different than your average whites. But they are what the name suggests, brown.

You probably don't have these in your collection, as there is only one producer that I know of, but a frog that is covered head to toe in snowflakes is called a super snowflake. Probably one of my favorite morphs, aside from the honey.

If you would like to know more about morphs, I suggest you do a google search on Sandfire Dragon Ranch. Beautiful frogs you have, I'm quite jealous!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Frogger00 View Post
    Whites tree frogs come in a variety of patterns and colors, as you have seen. The one with blue eyes is exactly that: a blue eyed whites tree frog. I have one myself, very pretty morph.

The frogs with multiple spots are called snowflakes. I have one of those as well, and many others do too. Probably the most common "morph".

The frogs with a blue tint to their skin are called blue phase. This morph is just a phase, so they may grow out of it or stay that way throughout their life.

The one you described as yellow could be a honey morph, although it's hard to tell in the pic. Could you try to get a better one? This is a really nice morph, and rare too.

The frogs who seem very very dark(I noticed one in the picture) are either stressed, or they are the brown morph. It's not really a morph I suppose, but it looks different than your average whites. But they are what the name suggests, brown.

You probably don't have these in your collection, as there is only one producer that I know of, but a frog that is covered head to toe in snowflakes is called a super snowflake. Probably one of my favorite morphs, aside from the honey.

If you would like to know more about morphs, I suggest you do a google search on Sandfire Dragon Ranch. Beautiful frogs you have, I'm quite jealous!

Very helpful thanks for he great info! I've concluded I have two snowflake morphs and a blue phase or a an Australian wtf. Not sure if the blue phase and the Australian are the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stephanie

Nationality
    [United States]

Here are the best shots I have of the pale one, they've only been home three weeks, so I am not handling them unless nessicary. (terrarium cleaning etc.) They have been adjusting nicely though, all eating ravenously. I'm also aware that some will outgrow certain colors, but regardless, I have had an interest in getting WTF's for about two decades, and I am thrilled with the nice little rainbow I put together no matter how rare or not.

Nationality
    [United States]

Thank you very much for the info! They are "coming out of their shells" nicely, so I should be able to get some better pics soon.

Frogger00

That's a very interesting color. Another member on the forum has a frog that color, they called it Honey-Lime

Nationality
    [United States]

Thank you, I had been calling that little one True, the darkest color I've seen on it has been a chartreuse green (the colors showing when we first got them and they were stressed), but most of the time that pale yellow is what you see on it.

Nationality
    [United States]

I know this little guy is not a super snowflake, but he does have a lot of flakes. He was a little more timid, one of the runts, but has been coming out and sleeping in the open more lately. I can't wait until he gets a little bigger and I can see just how many spots he has.

And these two, the blue eyed and almost always yellow one (he does turn bright green once in a while), they've become good buds lol.

This is about as dark and green as Tru (The yellowish one) gets, he was a little more green at the pet store, but none of them were happy there. Brought home a lot of brown and gray frogs, by the next morning we had a whole rainbow of brighter colors investigating their new home. Tru is the one center front, sleeping under the big blue Beast there.
    Last edited by Wulf; May 10th, 2015 at 12:16 AM.

Frogger00

I'm so jealous. I've noticed the blue eyes are darker. I don't know if that's the case with all of them though. And you definitely have a snowflake! He will develop more spots as he matures too. Also, don't be alarmed if your frogs get the dreaded green spots! When they are young, it's a sign of maturity. Anyway, happy frogging with your beautiful animals!

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

One of our little babies.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Krispy View Post
    One of our little babies.

That is a beautiful frog!

Nationality
    [United States]

Smile Re: Whites tree frog morphs? Let's see them!

Here's my new babies!

The one in the first pic has silver eyes. I haven't gotten a good look of the others eyes yet, just got them last night and don't want to disturb them too much.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Moe got big

14. This member thanks Krispy for this post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information