Thread: so my gfs dad works in a glass shop

whittyfrog42

Default so my gfs dad works in a glass shop

As the title says my girlfriends dad works in a glass shop and has taken it apon himself to build us a new tank. As awesome as that is after going to visit this afternoon he tells my girlfriend that he was going through the storage room at work he found an old shower display that he is going to use as the base set up!! I haven't seen what I'm going to be working with yet but from what iv Ben told this thing is going to be 6+ foot tall and 4+ foot wide!! Its a little overwhelming to try and design this thing my largest set up so far is the 40b my whites are in. Im planning on a full false bottom and foaming the back wall if I can figure it out I'd like to do a waterfall on the back wall. Like I said I haven't seen anything of the viv I'm going to be working with but as soon as I do I'll post as many picks as possible this is going to be the most intricate thing iv ever made not just for my frogs but as a whole throughout my life! I would love to hear any input that anyone has cause I know I'm going to be getting in way over my head i will post as many pics as I can throughout my first major build

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: so my gfs dad works in a glass shop

Well if it's too overwhelming for you I'm sure many of us would help out by taking it off your hands!

Seriously though that sounds amazing and you're going to have so much fun designing it!

whittyfrog42

Default Re: so my gfs dad works in a glass shop

I cant wait to start work on it. I don't even have the dimensions yet I just know its taller than he is and he's 6'5" or so. I'm assuming its a corner shower display. he was asleep by the time I got off work so all I know is its huge and my whites are going to love it.

Thread Information