Thread: Hello, I'm new and I have a quick question.

I Toad ya

Question Hello, I'm new and I have a quick question.

I have a question about the calcium supplement. It's kind of a stupid question. I was wondering if the spray on calcium was any better than the powder? I recently got a Pacman and she/he doesn't seem to like the tongs very much so I let her/him catch their food. (she/he really likes to stalk the crickets, its rather amusing) Unfortunately, the substrate rubs off of the powder I put on the crickets and the worms when they crawl around in the tank. I recently found Zilla Calcium supplement spray and wanted to try that out instead. I was wondering if any of you had any experience with the spray and if it worked as well as the powder?

I also want to thank you guys. I've been lurking on this form for quite some time before I bought my frog. I did a butt-load of research before buying my little wart baby and this form was VERY helpful.

2. This member thanks I Toad ya for this post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

pachoulzy

Default Re: Hello, I'm new and I have a quick question.

i've only used the spray for for tong feeding, but i ended up stopping and using zoo med calcium powder. the spray really stuck to the food quite well and made a shellac-like coating over it. i felt like it was good for pre-killed food like pinkies and such, but not so great for live crickets and worms. though, the more i think about it, it would probably be great to use on earthworms because they're so slimy and rub the calcium powder off quite easily.

all in all i think tong feeding really is the best thing to do because it prevents a lot of substrate ingestion but this, of course, is your own decision. i've had some trouble tong feeding my babies, they seem afraid of them, hahaha.

Thread Information