Thread: HIKARI PAC ATTACK and ZOO MED PACMAN FOOD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    flopingderpwhale

Question HIKARI PAC ATTACK and ZOO MED PACMAN FOOD

So recently I have been looking for a pacman food backup just in case I ever run out of crickets or worms. As i was searching I found 2 backups. Hikari Pac Attack and Zoo med Pacman Food. I have never gotten these before plus Hikari Pac attack is a new product that hikari has made and i was wondering if anyone out there has gotten any of these to feed to their pacman. If so which one is better and healthier for the bargain???Name:  PacAttack-RapidlySofteningCarniSticks-ForPacmanFrogs-1.41oz-40g-19337-457x800.jpg
Views: 4266
Size:  108.9 KBName:  download (3).jpg
Views: 2345
Size:  10.6 KB

vampyregirl

Default Re: HIKARI PAC ATTACK and ZOO MED PACMAN FOOD

I've heard the zoomed one is better, but I've never used it for my pacman frog. Maybe someone that has used it will reply soon

flopingderpwhale

I did a bit more searching and found samurai pacman food. Is that any good as well or should I just stick to buying one of the two above?

pachoulzy

i recently started feeding all three of my pacman frogs the zoo med pacman frog food. my smallest frog is quite reluctant to eat it but i think it's more confused by the tongs rather than the food. my other two eat it up like it's nobody's business. it's a little bit smelly but no worse than any of my goldfish foods. hikari is generally a pretty good brand and i've used many of their goldfish foods with wonderful results in health, growth, and color- but i can't say the same for the pac attack as i haven't tried it. i've never heard of samurai pacman food, either, but i'm gonna look into it.

the zoo med food seems to be quite nutritionally balanced, though i still switch between it and earthworms as a staple diet. lemme know which one you decide on. (:

flopingderpwhale

Quote Originally Posted by pachoulzy View Post
    i recently started feeding all three of my pacman frogs the zoo med pacman frog food. my smallest frog is quite reluctant to eat it but i think it's more confused by the tongs rather than the food. my other two eat it up like it's nobody's business. it's a little bit smelly but no worse than any of my goldfish foods. hikari is generally a pretty good brand and i've used many of their goldfish foods with wonderful results in health, growth, and color- but i can't say the same for the pac attack as i haven't tried it. i've never heard of samurai pacman food, either, but i'm gonna look into it.

the zoo med food seems to be quite nutritionally balanced, though i still switch between it and earthworms as a staple diet. lemme know which one you decide on. (:
    Apparently samurai pacman food is the original pacman food. Its like zoo med pacman food. You just add water and supposedly its way better though. Anyway I think I might try Hikari Pac attack first.

Nationality
    [United States]

Samurai is the first one to come out. Zoomed is a rip off of it, but being that its a more well known company they were able to market it better/have available through more vendors.
    2.0 Bombina orientalis
    1.0 Bufo americanus
    0.1.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    0.1 Xenopus laevis

All my arachnids and other inverts listed in my profile

pachoulzy

so is samurai actually better than zoo med/hikari or is it more of a preference thing?

Nationality
    [United States]

I don't know that one is better tha the other. But I do remember a little while back yusuke from samurai japan posted on here that he was not happy with zoomed and if I remember right hinted he was seeking legal recourse so I imagine its probably exactly the same. Ill see if I can dig up the thread.
    2.0 Bombina orientalis
    1.0 Bufo americanus
    0.1 Xenopus laevis

Nationality
    [United States]
    2.0 Bombina orientalis
    1.0 Bufo americanus
    0.1 Xenopus laevis

pachoulzy

ah, quite interesting. i'll do some research and compare ingredients. personally i don't think zoo med would have directly stolen the exact recipe from him and that it's more of a US, etc marketing thing instead because samurai is shipped overseas. i understand where he is coming from, though. it just seems 'pacman frog food' is such a new market and competition is now popping up. i'm actually excited to see more and more pacman products come out on the market. hopefully they'll just get better and better.

ps, thank you for finding that thread!

Nationality
    [Cook Islands]
    Quasi veniam ad error id reprehenderit dolor eum impedit vel sed dolor irure pariatur Dolore temp

the attack in zoo is managed and controlled with the help of the helpers all the issues of the attackers and essay writing company have been providing all the tips of the comfortable issues for the people for the safety of the children.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Have never been able to get our pacman frogs to eat any of tgese products.

Thread Information