Thread: Planaria?

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Planaria?

What have you experienced with planaria. I have them right now and they show no interest in my frogs. I have read that they eat eggs but that doesn't matter because i don't really want tadpoles right now. So are they good are they bad? I have had no problems so far but i figured i would ask to make sure that i am right in thinking this way.

PS im going to be upgrading them into a larger tank anyway so I hope that will end the problem.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Planaria?

They're harmless, unless their population becomes huge and then they have a massive die-off, which could cause water quality issues.

Best just to keep up on weekly partial water changes, make sure no uneaten food winds up rotting in the tank, ect.. I've had planaria and various other micro aquatic lifeforms in my tanks. They come and go, it's normal. I used to have quite a lot of planaria and then one day they were gone. I haven't bought/added any live plants or added much of anything to my tank, so that is probably why.

Things just stabilize over time. Don't sweat it, keep up on proper care and it all evens out.

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Planaria?

Ok thank you on review i think they may be Detritis worms of which i have read are even more harmless as they dont crawl on the sides of the tank causing and eye sore and they die quicker. So all in all things seem good

Thread Information