Thread: Young Herper in training!

CtHerper

Default Young Herper in training!

Hello! I've been a fan of this site for a while and finally made an account. I've been fascinated by reptiles and amphibians all my life. I love herpetology and exploring the wilderness, something not many city people do here in Connecticut! I'm very interested in increasing my knowledge of all sorts of frogs and learning new tricks to observing them in their natural habitats. I go down to Southern New Jersey in the Pine Barrens many times every spring and summer and plan on expanding my area of herping further! I'm still some what of a noob when it comes to herping and am always open to tips. I've been trying to find a Pine Barrens Tree Frog for the longest time and have come very close on a few occasions. I've hearded them call, but they're always too high up in the trees to see or locate. I've kept a few species of frogs over the years. My first was a fire bellied toad when I was 7. I expanded over the years as I learned about other species and how to care for them. I've mostly owned the more common species like Red Eyed Tree Frogs and had a Blue Poison Dart Frog that I bought from a reptile show in NY a while back. My main goal is to find a Pine Barrens Tree Frog and to expand from there and possibly observe more species in the south such as the Squirrel Tree Frog. If anyone has any info or tips on herping for a Pine Barrens Tree Frog, please let me know!! I'd greatly appreciate it!! Thanks.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Young Herper in training!

Hello and welcome to the FF, CT Herper! I hope you are successful in your search. Best time to observe would be during breeding season. If you know of an area where they call a lot, you should be able to find them at a pond. If you're looking to collect them, I'd watch for tadpoles or even eggs in the area that you saw them breeding. Keep us updated.
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

Tongue Flicker

Default Re: Young Herper in training!

Hello there! Welcome and good luck with your chosen career!

Thread Information