Thread: My American bullfrog has not eaten in a week is should i be concerned

jch

Default My American bullfrog has not eaten in a week is should i be concerned

We have a 9 month old bullfrog named taddy. My 3 year old son picked the name when the frog was still a tadpole.
    Taddy is kept in a 65 gallon tank with 16 gallons of water and a mix of rocks and they're all larger than him there are no small rocks in a tank the tank is kept in about 74 degrees the water gets changed about every week to week and a half normally he will eat a little more than dozen crickets about every day or every two days and he'll get a mouse maybe once every two weeks we usually keep two go fish in the tank. they get replaced whenever he gets one of them, ive replaced about 5 gold fish in about 6 months. We've kept the same routine for the past 6 months but recently, a week ago the bullfrog just stop eating he just seem to lose interest. We gave him crickets a week ago and 3 days ago we tryed a mouse. The gold fish slowly ate the crickets. The frog stopped diving at the fish. The frog still seems normal but we're just trying to be so any help is appreciated. I dont know if this is normal and if so how long will it go on for. Oh yes if it matters we live in the lower part of Florida

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

jch

Default Re: My American bullfrog has not eaten in a week is should i be concerned

Some good news the bullfrog ate 6 crickets yesterday still not its normal amount but maybe we will get back to a normal feeding habit.

I still would like to know if anyone else has been through this and if this is a normal behavior for bullfrogs

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Mine is about 2 1/2 years old, and she does the same thing once in a while.

I've never been able to figure out a pattern. Her apatite just comes and goes at random

Thread Information