Thread: New Leopard Froglet!

ScribbleFroglet

Talking New Leopard Froglet!

hello! so i am brand new to tadpoles and frogs, i posted a while ago about a tadpole i got from work in the feeder fish shipment, and well, he's not growing. lol he's a bullfrog so he is taking a while, BUT i got another tadpole from work and he turned out to be a leopard frog and well... in a month i already have a froglet!! i am so excited that i have to share, since this is my very first metamorphosis that i have seen, and it is crazy that over night he gets something new! now he is at the stage of absorbing his tail and sitting out of the water. i'm sorry, but this has just been so exciting, every other day he has something new! we are getting his 20 gal long tank today to set up and get together, at least the land/water divider, at least to make sure the caulking is leak proof. i'm still waiting on my bullfrog to start changing! hahah so now time to smother you with pictures of my little froggie!

Keroppi (the tad) and Gamabunta comparison

and pictures of Gama from this morning!

he is just so cute! he's the size of the tip of my finger! when do his spots start coming in, and when can i start feeding him baby crickets? i'm so nervous, i don't wanna mess up and cause a death, i've never housed a frog before, a toad yes, but she was wild caught. i hope i'm doing ok as a frog mama, hahaha!

2. This member thanks ScribbleFroglet for this post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New Leopard Froglet!

That's cool, frogs are sure fanscinating animals and thier metamorphosis is so unique. I don't have much experience with tadpoles and stuff but what did you feed him when he was a tadpole. Crickets should be very small because he probably is going to eat things. Some people feed them fruit flies but I can't give any advice on that. Yeah, so try flightless fruit flies or maybe pinhead crickets or both. Baby crickets will probably be small enough, I don't know how big they are but go ahead; just consider my ideas.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: New Leopard Froglet!

Congrats on your cute new baby! Yep, flightless fruit flies and pinhead crickets would work... as long as they are small enough to fit in the space between a frogs eyes, is the general rule.
    Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny
    2.0.0 South American Bird Poo Frogs (Hyla marmorata): Ribbit & Rupert

Thread Information