Thread: Pacman frog still not eating.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Pacman frog still not eating.

It's probably been about 2 1/2 weeks sense my pacman frog kirby has ate. I dig him out for feeding and then he just burys himself right where i put him down ti feed him. I don't know whats wrong. I recently changed his substrate and upgraded to a 13 gallon terrarium. Is it lack of water (he doesnt have a hard coat and i mist him at least 4 times a day)? Is it hibernation? WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY FROG! I don't have $80 to take him to a vet so thats why i'm here. Someone has got to have some good advice.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Re: Pacman frog still not eating.

Also, he eats all bugs. Maybe he just wants something bigger? For example, pinkys? I'd hate to feed him those, but if i have to i will....

Nationality
    [United States]

If you post the answers to the questions in the Trouble in the Enclosure sticky, that will help us determine what may be wrong.

http://www.frogforum.net/pacman-frog...enclosure.html

Also, when you say 'bugs' what do you mean? Crickets, dubia roaches, and nightcrawlers are all good choices for feeders. Pacs don't ever NEED to eat pinky mice, but they can eat them occasionally as a treat.
    3.0 Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis
    1.1 Thamnophis cyrtopsis ocellatus
    0.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    1.0 Litoria caerulea
    0.1 Terrapene carolina
    0.1 Python regius
    0.1 Grammostola rosea
    0.0.1 Brachypelma smithi
    0.1 Hogna carolinensis

Nationality
    [Canada]

He has a previous post about this same issue. If you go and read them you will see there was a lot of things that could have done this to the frog( DVirginiana ). And that wasn't supposed to sound rude or for me to sound like a smart a#$. L.O.L He answered the trouble answers in the first post. Waka Waka, can you post a new pic of the frog? And please don't take this the wrong way because in not trying to be mean or anything but when you go and purchase any type of animal for a pet at all, one of the first things you should think of is if this animal gets sick( bird, dog, cat,frog etc.) can I afford to get the help I need for it. $80 dollars Is just to get in the door, any xray or blood test anything that happens after cost more money. when I brought my pacman to the vet before Christmas I had an x-ray, fecal test, blood test then you have to pay for them to do the lab work, a visual exam and antibiotics. At the end this cost me $430.00. Just something to think about before getting another frog, and like I said it isn't to be mean.

Nationality
    [United States]

Just went back and skimmed through some of the older threads; if you want better answers, it's better to just continue posting on one thread. Starting three or four is just confusing and leads to you having to give out the same info over and over without getting anywhere.

I'm still not clear on what you're feeding him: can you be as specific as possible? 'Bugs' doesn't tell us enough. (I may have missed it in another thread, but I don't have time to search for it)

As Cory said, you should consider having money for a vet visit when you purchase an animal. That being said, I understand not wanting to go to the vet and pay hundreds of dollars for tests when you don't need to. Hopefully we can help you out on here, but you need to be as specific as possible in your answers.
    3.0 Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis
    1.1 Thamnophis cyrtopsis ocellatus
    0.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    1.0 Litoria caerulea
    0.1 Terrapene carolina
    0.1 Python regius
    0.1 Grammostola rosea
    0.0.1 Brachypelma smithi
    0.1 Hogna carolinensis

Nationality
    [Canada]

And ya, im not saying run to vet right away. If someone on here can help and you can fix whats wrong without having to spend the money then ya avoid paying the money. It was more of a you should always think of having to pay the vet because sometimes home remedies cant fix the problem. Even when it comes to my kids if I know whats wrong im not going to waste time sitting at the doctors. I had no choice to bring my frog to vet, she has kidney failure so she needed real medicine. Anyhow ya what exactly have you tried feeding in the last couple weeks? and again a updated picture could help a lot.

Thread Information