Thread: New albino finally home

Nationality
    [Canada]

Smile New albino finally home

Finally got my new froggy home and in the enclosure. I will post some pics of just the frog when I get a chance, don't want to to stress the poor little thing. So its just a baby and I know its not really recommended but do u think I can keep her in that 10 gallon? I am going to get another water dish tomorrow for it that way he doesn't have to travel so far to get to water. I didn't really realize how small the little bugger was, and hes very active. It was amazing how fast he went to that spot when I put him in. I have a 40 watt CHE in that dome and its plugged into a dimmer and 10-20 uth on the side were he is sitting. So do you think if I take good care of him and really watch him and keep his day temp at 83 and let it only drop to 80 at night he will be ok. If not do you think it would be ok to just put a temporary divider in there to cut it in half? He was being housed in a exo terra that would almost be the equivalent of a 10 gallon at the store. If you don't think he will be ok I will divide it that's not a problem or if I have to get a critter keeper I will. Going to give him some little 1/2 inch worm pieces tonight with his calcium and D3. Im so happy, oh and do albinos only come as Cranwellis or can youget ornate ones too? I only ask because I swear I read that somewhere. And my 7 year old daughter named him/her Groot till we know the sex. And the 3 sides are covered but I left about a inch an half on the side right at the front just so a little more light can get in. After I put on the UTH I even filled in around with background so everything was covered. And he can get under all hose lilypads and that plant for cover. I need to update my phone, the camera is terrible.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by monster; January 4th, 2015 at 07:29 PM. Reason: more info

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Re: New albino finally home

So I had to bring back that CHE today because it wasn't cutting for heat, and it was being used with a UTH. Had to go out and buy a 50 watt nighttime bulb, I grabbed the night time bulb because I don't like how the red bulbs make the enclosure look. And it is still hooked up to the dimmer so it wont over heat. But I have a question, how come when I just had the substrate in with the one plant on the ground and the water dish and those little huts was I able to hit 83 f. and now that I added the hanging plant and the lily pads it only seems to hit 79f? I picked up the hanging plant when I went and got Groot. I don't get it, it was 83 perfect before I got him home. And I got him another water dish for that bare area in front of him.

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Nice tank! But I wanna see the frog ️congrats!

Yes if it's albino it's cranwelli.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Nationality
    [Canada]

Thanks you Lija, I will take a picture of the little guy tonight. I fed him some half inch worm pieces last night and he took them like a champ. He only ate about 4 pieces but he is pretty small. Im now using a 50 watt nightbulb for the heat with a 10-20 UTH on the side, and the light is hooked to a dimmer. And thanks for letting me know that if he is albino hes a cranwelli now I can update my profile. Just a quick question I was wondering what your opinion would be. This light is making me have to mist like 3 to 4 times a day, which I don't mind doing. But everytime I open my lid I lose heat, and I don't want to spray through the top because I don't want it to rust and I don't want to have the temp bouncing all over the place. So I got a couple pieces of that cork bark stuff and is like a tube, do you think if I push them right to the bottom against the glass so they are standing up I could fill them with moss to keep some humidity or do you think it will just mold really fast. It would be like filling a glass with moss and sitting in the enclosure, the top of the cork bark would be about 5 inches above the substrate so he would have jump to get in. And im tong feeding so im not worried about him eating it im more worried about making him sick from mold or something. Im going to get a reptifogger just I have to wait for my next pay.
    Last edited by monster; January 5th, 2015 at 07:53 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Thread Information