Thread: How much do I feed? Calcium or Herptivite or Both?

KAWiggy

Default How much do I feed? Calcium or Herptivite or Both?

My Pacman is new. I have had him/her now for about a week. Within the first couple days of having him/her, he/she has eaten 1 nightcrawler and some crickets. I took him/her out today to feed and he/she has eaten 4 nightcrawlers. I put calcium on 2 of the 4 because I didn't want to overdue it. He/she is about 2 inches. Should I continue to feed my pacman as many nightcrawlers/crickets as he/she will eat or do I limit the amount? Also, I intend to give the nightcrawlers/crickets with calcium every 3 feedings. Is this often enough? Do I need to give my pacman both calcium with vitamin D3 and herptivite or just the rep-cal? Thanks you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

My pacman didnt eat for a little after a week after I got it. Ive heard from other people that its normal for them to go two weeks without eating after adjusting to a new place. Mine was about the same size as yours when I got it and she ate about a half a nightcrawler everyday to two days at first. After she got used to the tank she started eating more. I would give it time before getting worried at all. Also if your pacman will eat nightcrawlers ok I would just use those as a staple diet and maybe crickets every once in a while. Nightcrawlers are the best food for pacman frogs. Hope this helps

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: How much do I feed? Calcium or Herptivite or Both?

Quote Originally Posted by KAWiggy View Post
    My Pacman is new. I have had him/her now for about a week. Within the first couple days of having him/her, he/she has eaten 1 nightcrawler and some crickets. I took him/her out today to feed and he/she has eaten 4 nightcrawlers. I put calcium on 2 of the 4 because I didn't want to overdue it. He/she is about 2 inches. Should I continue to feed my pacman as many nightcrawlers/crickets as he/she will eat or do I limit the amount? Also, I intend to give the nightcrawlers/crickets with calcium every 3 feedings. Is this often enough? Do I need to give my pacman both calcium with vitamin D3 and herptivite or just the rep-cal? Thanks you.
    You need to feed the guy as much as it can eat in one feeding. When he slow down growing and don't need as much food he'll let you know. but for now he needs to be stuffed but with proper food, as you are doing! You can't overdo on the amount of food, they never overfeed and get obese due to improper diet only.

you need to dust every other feeding with ca/vitd3 and once a week, but not on a same day multivitamins.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Thread Information