Thread: frog eggs maybe??

Lisa0820

Default frog eggs maybe??

Merry Christmas!
    I woke this morning to possible African Dwarf frog eggs in my 10 gal tank. In this tank I have guppies(adult and baby) and snails. The frogs are from my aquarium at school. They came home for Christmas break. I also have a 29 gal tank with frogs,catfish, and other community fish. I have had my frogs for several years, but have never seen eggs. My albino snails have had babies several times. These eggs are different. I am looking for confirmation and advice on how to care for them. I recently lost a frog. This would be a great opportunity to raise some little ones!

Sent from my phone... Hope picture attached
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: frog eggs maybe??

I am 80% sure those are apple/mystery snail eggs. I know you said that the snails have had babies, but I've bought snails that are "the same species" at the pet store and then 1 of them lays underwater eggs, the other lays those eggs. If I'm correct, they should hatch within 2 weeks.

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Those are definitely mystery snail eggs. look up some pictures of dwarf frog eggs and you will see the difference. It is extremely possible that you wouldn't see the frog eggs even if your dwarf frogs did lay some. the fish you have the frogs in with would gobble them right up! Especially the catfish.
    1.3.0 Amazon Milk Frogs
    8.2.0 Vietnamese Mossy Frogs
    2.2.6 theloderma asperum
    3.0.0 theloderma licin
    2.1.0 golden mantella
    3.2.0 red eyed tree frogs
    3.6.0 Andean marsupial frogs
    0.0.6 starry night Reed frogs
    0.0.5 hyperolius sp.
    1.2.0 nectophryne afra
    2.1.0 hyperolius riggenbachi hieroglyphus
    3.0.0 Mitchelli Reed frogs
    3.3.0 afrixalus fornasinii
    1.2.0 Vietnamese flying frog
    2.2.0 bufo punctatus

Lisa0820

Quote Originally Posted by lnikkiy View Post
    Those are definitely mystery snail eggs. look up some pictures of dwarf frog eggs and you will see the difference. It is extremely possible that you wouldn't see the frog eggs even if your dwarf frogs did lay some. the fish you have the frogs in with would gobble them right up! Especially the catfish.
    I am beginning to agree. In the past, all my snails have laid their eggs inside the hood. These are just above the water line. Kinda glad they aren't frogs. I have been reading up on how to care for them and it's very hard to have any grow to adult. I'll just be content to hear them sing and watch the snails grow.

I do have one with a split shell. It's been that way for months. I've added cuttle bone, leafy veggies and water additives with calcium. Any website that I can go to for additional advice. Thanks!

I've had that happen a few times. What your doing is just about all you can do. Sometimes if they don't have enough calcium, with a combination of growth, that happens. It may take a few weeks-months before your snail is back to normal. I love my snails and when they breed it gets me excited! I have mostly black mystery snails, along with a few yellow and blues. Hope all goes well!

And if the eggs seem to be getting dry, mist them once a day.

Thread Information