Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are some of the best ways to keep in humidity in a 18x18x24 Exo Terra?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default What are some of the best ways to keep in humidity in a 18x18x24 Exo Terra?

I have tried to keep it with wrap on top and a humidifier and I even bought a Monsoon to get humidity. It's getting colder here and it's getting harder to keep humidity. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Banned
    Nationality
    [Canada]

Default What are some of the best ways to keep in humidity in a 18x18x24 Exo Terra?

Get exo terra tree fern panels and silicone them to tank walls. Also you can use substrates that retain moisture well. I use the tree fern panels, and I only have to spray my tank once a day to keep moisture at 40 to 60%. Works quite well, even in Alberta!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry I'm not sure what you mean, what are fern panels?

Banned
    Nationality
    [Canada]

They are panels made from tree fern. They are super easy to use, and if you live in the states they are probably relatively easy to find in petstores. You just silicone them onto the sides of your tank and let the silicone dry for 24 hours. It looks really natural too!

Here is a pic of my terrarium with the panels on the sides:

Just look up on google " exo terra tree fern panels" and they should come up with more details.

Also, you can use coco fibre sheets which is a similar idea, just made from coconut fibre. Also easily found in pet stores.

If you are unable to find them locally, you can order them off of amazon. Anymore questions just let me know!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Thank you very much for the help. I may have to do that. I got coco fibre in my terrarium and it didn't help. I too have a Whites Tree Frog!

Banned
    Nationality
    [Canada]

Very cool! Yes I spent 100$ on a few packs of tree fern panels at EXPENSIVE petland, but completely worth it!

What type of substrate do you use in your terrarium? How long have you had your whites?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I have had multiple Tree Frog species but I got him 3 months ago. His name is Max. The people at the pet store said he needs humidity no lower then 60% so it's been a hustle to get the humidity up.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

It comes in bricks at Petco. I guess coco fibre. That's what it says. I have moss and full planted terrarium too

Default Re: What are some of the best ways to keep in humidity in a 18x18x24 Exo Terra?

Be careful with moss as your frog can get a mouthful and get impacted!

0.0.1 PCf
    Soon to come 0.0.4 Phyllobates bicolor
    0.1.0 Pseudacris regilla (r.i.p. Green Beauty)
    0.0.1 Bufo boreas boreas? (r.i.p. )
    0.0.4 Dendrobates tinctorius 'Powder Blue'

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I don't feed him in the terrarium. I use a different bin because I'm afraid of that too

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Was it true what the lady said about the humidity? They keep theirs at 30-40% in the store.

Default Re: What are some of the best ways to keep in humidity in a 18x18x24 Exo Terra?

Good idea, I would wear powder free latex gloves when handling your frog also

0.0.1 PCf

Banned
    Nationality
    [Canada]

I was told the same thing about humidity, but my frogs started to burrow. Looked it up, and they didn't like the humidity that high. I lowered it, and they no longer burrow. I use the same substrate and feed in a different container as well. Cute frog! Just a little gaffer!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Max has been fine he is a very beautiful lime green and is probably the most active and curious whites tree frog. I have read they are lazy, he's the exception. I have a golden retriever and she came in one night. Max was in the back of the terrarium and she looked in. Max lunged at the front and she jumped back. He's done it to anyone who looks in. Learned that himself!

Banned
    Nationality
    [Canada]

My two aren't lazy either! In fact today, Betty was all over the terrarium following my every move so I took her out and she just chilled on my hand for a few seconds but next thing you know... She looks up and jumps onto my face and bit my nose! Ah! Lol my boxer is afraid of my frogs as well.
    Like I said, very active

This is Betty. She's a classic whites.

This is Sally. She's very unique looking with her darker green and snowflake markings!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

They look very cool! Max isn't alone. I had spent 8 months researching Whites tree frogs and I was going to get one. However at my work there was this poor Toad caught in a ditch. I saved her and I had her actually before Max. I had her looked at and I had Toads for more then 6 years prior so I knew I could help her. As I had her checked out I realized I had no where to put Max. So I looked at their requirements and if the size was the same and she was clear of disease I figured I'd give it a try. Turns out they are very happy together.

Banned
    Nationality
    [Canada]

Very cute! I love toads, but I believe they are illegal to own as pets in Alberta.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I thought I was going to get blasted because I know how people feel about mixing. I'm not always for it.

I would be careful about mixing species. 99% of the members on this forum highly discourage mixing, and most are against it completely.

0.0.1 PCf

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I know. I got the 10 gallon vacant finally. I did my homework. If they stay the same size which they still are and all keeps going well they can stay together since they get equal everything. I'm not going to jeopardize either of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information