Thread: Acf permit

cricketfrog30

Question Acf permit

hi ive wanted a acf for a long time but a need a permit to get one. Does anying know were could get the permit

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

mechagodzilla290

Default Re: Acf permit

I don't know where to get one. Up here in Buffalo, New York, we don't need a permit.

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

It will be your state's Department of Fish and Game (it might have a slightly different name).
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

PsionicRat

I'm assuming the 'NC' in your location is North Carolina. I did a little looking around on your states Game and Fish site http://www.ncwildlife.org/

Under 'License * Permits * Registration * Titling' is an option for 'Other Licenses and Permits'. Down at the bottom of that in the 'Wildlife Possession' box is an option for a license for amphibian ownership. It says it's free, but it also says 'native species' but it's the closest I could find since under nuisance species they don't have an option for amphibians. You might try calling or e-mailing them for more information on the subject. I'm sure they can help.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicRat View Post
    I'm assuming the 'NC' in your location is North Carolina. I did a little looking around on your states Game and Fish site http://www.ncwildlife.org/

Under 'License * Permits * Registration * Titling' is an option for 'Other Licenses and Permits'. Down at the bottom of that in the 'Wildlife Possession' box is an option for a license for amphibian ownership. It says it's free, but it also says 'native species' but it's the closest I could find since under nuisance species they don't have an option for amphibians. You might try calling or e-mailing them for more information on the subject. I'm sure they can help.

I did further research on North Carolina law and found this:

Possession
    1. Unlawful to possess any species of tongueless or african clawed frog (xenopus spp.) or to stock or release them in the public or private waters of lands of North Carolina. (see 15a ncac 10b .0123 for more information)

These frogs are illegal to keep in several states.

It appears that the law has been amended to include certain exceptions. The document is located here http://www.ncwildlife.org/NewsReleas.../mute_swan.pdf
    Terry Gampper
    Nebraska Herpetological Society

“If we can discover the meaning in the trilling of a frog, perhaps we may understand why it is for us not merely noise but a song of poetry and emotion.”
    ---
    Adrian Forsyth

Thread Information