Talking Update on Frenchy the Red-Eyed Tree Frog

Frenchy!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  89.0 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  99.5 KB

So I think Frenchy may actually be female, I don't see a swollen thumb! I played sounds of a male Red-Eye croaking for about a half hour and Frenchy didn't croak. If male, I do believe Frenchy would be an adult, as he/she is 2 1/2". I guess the only thing to do now is wait and see if Frenchy continued to grow!

In other news, I had spotted mites in Frenchy's cage! I removed everything, boiled the sticks and water bowl and feeding bowl, rinsed the live plants with cool water, removed all substrate. Boiled some water, poured it into the empty cage, wiped it all down. And replaced the substrate. I haven't seen them come back fortunately! They must have come from the moss I'd collected. I did quarantine it but I guess for not long enough. I removed all the moss, threw it out. I don't think I'll put more in.

Frenchy's feces look healthy! Frenchy seems healthy indeed.

He/she is so smart and funny! He goes to the feeding bowl and waits for me to put some crickets in! He either sits on the rim of the bowl or on the stick above it. I love watching him eat; he jumps in, catching the cricket, swallows it, jumps back up onto the stick, and does it over and over til he's stuffed. Lol.

I stopped holding him... I never saw any negative side effects from my holding but everyone on here is really against it so I feel like it must be wrong to do. So I stopped.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information