Thread: Should I Medicate Tomorrow or Wait a Day?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Question Should I Medicate Tomorrow or Wait a Day?

Well this was stupid... So, I fed everyone at the usual time tonight, which unfortunately seems to be too early for Sir Honey-Lime, who apparently likes to get a move on a couple hours after everyone else, meaning that Shirley chowed down on the majority of the crickets and left Sir Honey hungry. So anyway, I fed everyone at 9:30 p.m. then looked in on them before going to bed (well I was supposed to go to bed!) around 12:30- 1 a.m. and Honey was roaming around looking hungry while chubster Shirley was sleepin off the earlier feed. So I felt sorry for skinny butt Honey and threw him a few small crickets, thinking it was safe to do so since Shirley was asleep-- WRONG! She woke up and started snatching up crix again and now she is STUFFED! So stuffed I don't think she should have anything at all Sunday night... problem is that's the night they are all due to be medicated for cocci again (3rd week). So should I leave off medicating everyone for one night or just her? Or should I wait and see how she's doing and go ahead and medicate her but only let her have the one wax worm with the med in it? Guh... next time I'm just going to wait to feed her and Honey until later when Honey's fully awake and ready to hunt. I hope Shriley's going to be ok from gut-loading herself!
    Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny
    2.0.0 South American Bird Poo Frogs (Hyla marmorata): Ribbit & Rupert

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Should I Medicate Tomorrow or Wait a Day?

I would feed her one medicated worm rather than skipping the session since I know with human and dog antibiotics it's important to take them regularly. You can cut down on food afterwards maybe. If she doesn't want to eat, that might be a problem though.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Should I Medicate Tomorrow or Wait a Day?

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    I would feed her one medicated worm rather than skipping the session since I know with human and dog antibiotics it's important to take them regularly. You can cut down on food afterwards maybe. If she doesn't want to eat, that might be a problem though.
    True... I'll wait until later tonight to medicate Shirley and do hers last, in fact I'll probably take her out and put her in the supplementary QT tank (their old plastic home) so Sir Honey can have his medicated worm and a few crickets and just give Shirl the one worm. Prob is there might still be crickets in their house now since I haven't been bowl feeding. I don't know if Honey will bowl feed, but I'll try him on it so no new crickets get in the habitat.
    Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny
    2.0.0 South American Bird Poo Frogs (Hyla marmorata): Ribbit & Rupert

Thread Information