Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Calcium Lack Paralysis or Back Injury???

100+ Post Member Louis Charles Bruckner's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Calcium Lack Paralysis or Back Injury???

That is a good start.
    I would also cover the sides and back with some kind of background material , it can be as simple as a brown paper bag.
    This will lessen stress on the poor fellow.

Hope he gets better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by FrogsFascinated View Post
    I moved him into a different tank today that has nothing in it, aside from damp papertowels and two fish tank decorations for him to hang on to or mess around with. One's a bridge, and the other is like an old sunken barrel. Nothing he could hurt himself with

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member Louis Charles Bruckner's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

And a half round log hide if he feels the need for some private time.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

How's Pogo doing, any updates??
    Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny
    2.0.0 South American Bird Poo Frogs (Hyla marmorata): Ribbit & Rupert

FrogsFascinated

Hello guys, irThumper, thanks for reminding me to come on here and give you guys the news. Pogo passed away yesterday morning, sadly. My mom and Pogo's previous owner's close friend were talking and they decided that my mom could perform an autopsy (Please don't think we didn't want to do something kinder, something like burying him, she did this to see what happened and so we could gain knowledge for other people) So she did this to find out why he passed. When she looked inside him all of his organs were fine, he had some poo in his intestines so we know he was still digesting food (I had been feeding him normal worms now, we was much more willing to eat them), and his color looked great (Although he had passed that morning), but she did find part of the tissue (One of the layers around the organs) was black. My mom said it seemed like some sort of infection, so his body put fluid all around it (Healing fluids, what your body does. I'm sure y'all know the whole gist). So we think because of all the fluid was why he was so puffy, and another thing is that since there was so much pressure from the amount of fluid in him that it put too much pressure on the nerves to his back legs and caused the back leg paralysis.

There was nothing we could have done for him, but it makes me happy, and I'm hoping it makes you guys happy, that we did try to save him, and that we didn't just let him wilt away, letting him suffer without trying any treatment.

Thinking differently, imagine how happy he is now, up in froggy heaven, he has his back legs back, no paralysis, and can jump around as much as he wants. He can live a happy eternal life now, without having to worry about anything.

I'd like to thank all of you for helping me out with Pogo while he was still here, and I'm sure he was happy to know that all of you were helping out. Thank you for all of the knowledge you guys have helped me gain about frogs, whether it's their diets, habitats, or anything else.

I'm hoping my mom will let me get more frogs once this holiday and busy season craziness settles out, as frogs are such fun creatures!

So anyways, thanks again everybody, and I'm sure if I do get more frogs I'll come here if I need any help.

~Emily R.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FrogsFascinated View Post
    Hello guys, irThumper, thanks for reminding me to come on here and give you guys the news. Pogo passed away yesterday morning, sadly. My mom and Pogo's previous owner's close friend were talking and they decided that my mom could perform an autopsy (Please don't think we didn't want to do something kinder, something like burying him, she did this to see what happened and so we could gain knowledge for other people) So she did this to find out why he passed. When she looked inside him all of his organs were fine, he had some poo in his intestines so we know he was still digesting food (I had been feeding him normal worms now, we was much more willing to eat them), and his color looked great (Although he had passed that morning), but she did find part of the tissue (One of the layers around the organs) was black. My mom said it seemed like some sort of infection, so his body put fluid all around it (Healing fluids, what your body does. I'm sure y'all know the whole gist). So we think because of all the fluid was why he was so puffy, and another thing is that since there was so much pressure from the amount of fluid in him that it put too much pressure on the nerves to his back legs and caused the back leg paralysis.

There was nothing we could have done for him, but it makes me happy, and I'm hoping it makes you guys happy, that we did try to save him, and that we didn't just let him wilt away, letting him suffer without trying any treatment.

Thinking differently, imagine how happy he is now, up in froggy heaven, he has his back legs back, no paralysis, and can jump around as much as he wants. He can live a happy eternal life now, without having to worry about anything.

I'd like to thank all of you for helping me out with Pogo while he was still here, and I'm sure he was happy to know that all of you were helping out. Thank you for all of the knowledge you guys have helped me gain about frogs, whether it's their diets, habitats, or anything else.

I'm hoping my mom will let me get more frogs once this holiday and busy season craziness settles out, as frogs are such fun creatures!

So anyways, thanks again everybody, and I'm sure if I do get more frogs I'll come here if I need any help.

~Emily R.
    I am so sorry you lost Pogo I know exactly what it feels like because I'm losing my poor little sHEila... he keeps prolapsing, and is in pain, and even if it were to have been stitched, and him starved for a prolonged period of time, there was no guarantee to the outcome or that it would not reoccur. What quality of life is that? I'm glad you did what you could to help Pogo, and that you were willing to share what you found out. Please when you go to get another frog do NOT get one from Petco. The frogs in our local store are sick and dying constantly and corporate doesn't give a rip, even though I have reported the issue numerous times. Best to find a breeder of captive raised babies and research them to get reviews from people who have purchased from them. Thanks for sharing Pogo's story with us and I hope you have much better luck with your next frog *HUGGS*
    Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny
    2.0.0 South American Bird Poo Frogs (Hyla marmorata): Ribbit & Rupert

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

So sorry for your loss, glad you got a chance to examine him for cause of death.

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Calcium Lack Paralysis or Back Injury???

So sorry for your loss . Sometimes people don't understand our sorrow in losing frogs, but they are our beloved pets too. Hugs!
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [United States]

Hi Emily
    I'm very sorry to read this , very sorry to learn you lost Pogo.
    Sincerely, Lynn
    Current Collection
    Dendrobates leucomelas - standard morph
    Dendrobates auratus “Costa Rican Green Black"
    Dendrobates auratus "Pena Blanca"
    Dendrobates tinctorius “New River”
    Dendrobates tinctorius "Green Sipaliwini"
    Dendrobates tinctorius “Powder Blue"
    Dendrobates tinctorius "French Guiana Dwarf Cobalt"

Phyllobates terribilis “Mint”
    Phyllobates terribilis "Orange"
    Phyllobates bicolor "Uraba"